New Building at bottom of parkway - Any One Know What It Is?

anyone know what the heli pad type thing is on the top of the building at the parkway with the junction of dooley way ? :loopy:

No, but its one of the most ugly constructions ive ever seen...cant see it being a helipad though, the ruddy things tilted at an odd angle. Reckon either the builders or architect had had a few bevvy's before working on it...

anyone know what the heli pad type thing is on the top of the building at the parkway with the junction of dooley way ? :loopy:

...i know it "looks" like a Helipad , but surely it would be a major distraction and safety hazard being so close to all the speeding motorists on the Parkway , who would all be "rubber-knecking" everytime a copter landed or took off ??????????:loopy:

I think too its a horrible eyesore...

I think too its a horrible eyesore...

It'll fit nicely into the Sheffield skyline then...

My money would be on an empty office block.

Are we not the empty office block capital of Europe?

It isn't a helipad, it's a design feature. It's slightly at an angle as previously stated. The original plans did, I believe, have a helipad incorporated, but I think they dropped it due to cost and market weakness.

is it the capita center or something?

And to all those complaining about it, did anyone bother to object when the proposal was put forward to Sheffield City Council?

It's easy to complain about 'ugly constructions' but they are there because they got passed by a planning committee. If you didn't speak up at the time, tough.

My money would be on an empty office block.

Are we not the empty office block capital of Europe?

This one certainly isn't going to be empty, its handed over on January 1st and everyone from Ecclesall Rd (which has to be empty by March) and IT from Milton House (where the lease expires in July) will be in by the summer.

The 'helipad' (which is the square platform at the left as opposed to the round platform that overhangs over from the plant room and has the pole thing) is a bit of architectural vanity from the designer who was a pilot, the practical, legal and technical requirements of having an actual helipad are far too great to even start contemplating. Aside from the fact, why would a pensions administration company want a helipad...

That area of the building is planned to be a roof top garden.

Originally, before CH picked it up, the building was to look like this;

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/snuppp/cutlersgate.jpg

Complete with chopper;

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e60/snuppp/parkwayedge2.jpg