How do you lose body fat?

I am currently training 6 times a week.

I do 3 weight sessions and 3 intense cardio sessions.

I weigh 15 stone.

I eat breakfast at 9am, lunch at 12am, a yogurt and nuts at 3pm, a protein/ carb drink after my workout at 7pm and then pasta and chicken at 8pm.

I don't drink or eat fatty food/ junk food. I pretty much eat well but I still have around 7lb of fat I need to shift.

Everywhere I read says somebody of my size should eat 2500 - 3000 calories a day but I currently eat 2500. If I go above this I seriously put on the weight.

Therefore, the only reason why I can think why I'm not losing weight is because I am simply eating too much (even though its good stuff).

But I find if I eat any less, I do lose body fat but I also lose muscle.

Can anyone give me a diet plan for 15 stone guy looking to tone up or any advice?

i think the best thing to do would be to go to your doctors, most surgerys have a diet/nutritoinist type person that do certain days and they would be able to give you a full assesment then tailor a programme to suit you your lifestyle and your needs. :)

i think the pasta late at night is doing you in mate.. its a carb so it slow release.

It doesnt matter when you eat food, its a simple equation cals in - cals burnt. Concentrate your weight sessions on major muscle groups then they keep burning fat after exercise and do slower less intense cardio. Use a heart rate monitor to stick in fat burning zones..

Good luck

This is what we specialize in - go onto our website http://www.getphysical.co.uk We've hepled bodybuilders get into to competition shape. We know how to get the right balance between diet and training, which is what you need to do.

NB In Sept we will be starting bodybuilding/weight training seminars which will cover training techniques, diet etc. We will be doing this with Del Galoway, the current NPA Mr Britain - so watch this space! In the meantime, why not give us a call.

Paul & Ann

HI student,

Without knowing your exact routine on a daily basis.

with what you have wrote in your description, the negatives i can see staright away would be.....

*You need to eat more often and smaller (at least 6 times a day)

* try not to eat carbs late at night, the protein carb drink is k after workout becasue this is replacing the energy levels lost during training. I wouldnt be eating the pasta and chicken at 8 at night. by al means eat a meal but make sure its high in protein and not carbs as this will help your body repair itself during sleep.

*You train to much... Your body needs time to rest and recuperate.

* and the whole calorie issue.... this is person dependant, what suits one person doesnt mean it suits the other. you should intake the calories that suit your body type. especially if your trying to lose weight.

whatever is said here is just general info, but like i say what suits one person isnt what suits another. If you want anymore info please ask.

Thanks

Try drinking green tea 3 times a day, if you can stomach it. I tried it was dubious at first but it helped me shift some fat.

HI student,

Without knowing your exact routine on a daily basis.

with what you have wrote in your description, the negatives i can see staright away would be.....

*You need to eat more often and smaller (at least 6 times a day)

* try not to eat carbs late at night, the protein carb drink is k after workout becasue this is replacing the energy levels lost during training. I wouldnt be eating the pasta and chicken at 8 at night. by al means eat a meal but make sure its high in protein and not carbs as this will help your body repair itself during sleep.

*You train to much... Your body needs time to rest and recuperate.

* and the whole calorie issue.... this is person dependant, what suits one person doesnt mean it suits the other. you should intake the calories that suit your body type. especially if your trying to lose weight.

whatever is said here is just general info, but like i say what suits one person isnt what suits another. If you want anymore info please ask.

Thanks

thanks for your advice (plus everybody elses!)

High intensity (Burns mostly carbs/sugar)

Slow long aerobic burns fat.

Fat is slow to release.

High intensity (16% from fat calories) epoc which burns greater fat calories eventually.

Low carb, high protein and fat will help in the short term.

Hi

Cut out the carbs you are having too many. If you want to shift weight do lots of cardio . i am talking 2 hours a day 6 times a weeka nd u will notice a difference especially if you eat protein and veg and limit cards to 50 -100 g a day.

If you do lots of cardio you will struggle to build muscle so I say get rid of the fat do lots of cardio and then tone up with weights and cut down on cardio.

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 14:40 ----------

by the way everyone is genetically different what works for one perosn may not work for another.

General rule eat less excercise more worked for me and stil does when i need to shift a few pounds Ive put on.

We like a 'one size fits all; the reality is it doesnt.

I have been drinking green tea for ten years and it has no effect on my weight the only thing that works for me to shift weight is doing mroe than 2 hours cardio a day 6 times a week to shift 1-2 pounds and eating protein and veg and no carbs. As soon as i introduce carbs to diet i put weight back on!

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 14:42 ----------

by the way the last half stone is always the hardest to shift

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 14:43 ----------

dont ask a doctor jack of all trades master of none ask a nutritionist or a physio that does sports

---------- Post added 14-05-2014 at 14:44 ----------

you dontneed to pay anyone to help you . You can do it yourself it is only half a stone you will shift it .

3pm nuts and yoghurt , nuts are the worst thing you can eat if you want to lose weight

just stick to proteina nd veg cut out fruit too

I am currently training 6 times a week.

I do 3 weight sessions and 3 intense cardio sessions.

I weigh 15 stone.

I eat breakfast at 9am, lunch at 12am, a yogurt and nuts at 3pm, a protein/ carb drink after my workout at 7pm and then pasta and chicken at 8pm.

I don't drink or eat fatty food/ junk food. I pretty much eat well but I still have around 7lb of fat I need to shift.

Everywhere I read says somebody of my size should eat 2500 - 3000 calories a day but I currently eat 2500. If I go above this I seriously put on the weight.

Therefore, the only reason why I can think why I'm not losing weight is because I am simply eating too much (even though its good stuff).

But I find if I eat any less, I do lose body fat but I also lose muscle.

Can anyone give me a diet plan for 15 stone guy looking to tone up or any advice?

As you can see, you will get a lot of different answers from a lot of different people!

How tall are you (at 6ft and above, 15 stones is fine, but obviously if you were only 5ft tall.....)

Are you in decent shape? Why do you think you need to lose 7 pounds?

Weights - what is your routine like? Do you stick to big compound lifts or are you wasting your time doing "pec dec", flyes, calf raises, etc?

My advice, for what it's worth, stick to Squats, Deadlifts, clean and press, bench press, if you want to retain as much lean mass as you can, heavy weights, low to medium reps (5 - 8 ). For cardio, mix it up, heavy punch bag sessions are a killer for most people, some sprints, up hill sprints and moderate running are good.

If you want to a low cost way of getting in shape, go to a boxing gym, do the same routine as the boxers, and get the nutrition plan that they were on.

I go to a lot of local boxing and you should see the shape that some of these lads are in. Usually the lighter weights, to be fair, not many at 15 stones, but I remember local lad Johnny Nelson looking awesome arouns the 14 and a half stone mark.