So has the bus strike affected you?

You should probably begin by applying to the Swiss banks.

So what do you think my chances are of being successful in my application, seeing as this 'logical' approach to 'better' employment is your area of expertise ?

..........No longer a forum member

Edited by evolution200

No. Sorry. I'm definately NOT complaining about others earning more than me.

Definately definately NOT.

Please don't put words into my mouth.

And you say, "then you complain about others earning more than you in a job you applied for". What job did I apply for? I'm not sure what you mean by that. It doesn't make sense.

Anyway, yet again, you fail to state how much you think you should actually be on.

And isn't that the whole point of this greedy strike?

Surely you have an idea of how much you want to be on? Yet you won't say how much that is.

i'm sick to death of seeing posters up on First buses saying you can start and earn £9.00 an hour blah blah....sounds like a complaint to me, that statement gives the impression your working, possibly your not actually in work at the moment, my reply was based on the impression that you were working, and this is not a greedy strike, this is a company thats made a vast profit, i believe we are entitled to be rewarded for our work, the Chairman of First Group has been rewarded with a £160.000 bonus, his pension now stands at £313.633 p.a. on his retirement, if you feel the need to hold me to figure, i personally would settle for 15 to 20p an hour no strings a figure the company could easily afford but its not my place to accept this would be in the form of a ballot amongst all the drivers.

So what do you think my chances are of being successful in my application, seeing as this 'logical' approach to 'better' employment is your area of expertise ?

Nobody here knows what your qualifications and abilities might be. However, if you are sufficiently qualified and able to hold down such a position, you'll get one,and enjoy all the perks and conditions that go with it. If you aren't, then you won't.

In neither case will going strike to force your current employer to alter his pay and conditions be either justified, or profitable. Market forces guarantee that people will earn what they are worth, in any given situation.

..........No longer a forum member

Edited by evolution200

That's really funny. "We are tracked by satellite and timed past every bus stop on the journey".

I just wonder why First buses are always late then.....

whats funny about that?? :huh: First buses are tracked by satellite, there is a time that a bus should pass each bus stop on the route on the satellite map, however because it is obviously impractical to stop at each bus stop there are time points at intervals along the route this serves to attempt to pace the bus's progress, First bus's along with every one else's bus's are not always late, check the Transport Executives web site that gives a 90% independent reliability rating for First services, and why are bus's late? there are floods, traffic jams, accidents, road works, road closures, diversions, breakdowns, suicide attempts that cause the city to grid lock or even the fact there isn't enough time in the running to complete that portion of the trip in the given time.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something.... 15 to 20p an hour?

That doesn't help. At all.

How much do you want to be on?

:loopy:well if the poster says i'm on £9.00 an hour then obviously £9.20 an hour.

nope i had a lazy day in loooool

remember you are being misled by a man the management wheel out to discredit the trade union by using words, all trade unions approach the negotiating table with a list of possible items the management may talk about in order to facilitate an agreement, the entire list that our union presented amounted to 28% but this was a list of items that could be used in the bargaining process, no one would ever believe the management would give in to all the items, now you see what you were told was the manipulation of words to suit the situation, his brief was simple discredit the drivers in the eyes of the public by making it seem they were being greedy, dont believe everything you read in the Star they can only report the things they are told, if you want the inside story visit the picket line or ask a bus driver.

too right mate Sheffield stars a comic book:D

no the 52 buses in my area were wtill running a little late but still running :)

Yes! No First busses from Manor Top to the Hallamshire (the 42) meant I had to crush myself into the six inches of legroom you get on a 120 *sighs*

No! So what, FIRST striked! Stagecoach were still runnin and you can get most places on there (including the trams). Dunno what all the fuss was about!