So has the bus strike affected you?

I don't agree with strikes full stop. You apply for a job, you know the wage. So why start crying later down the line about the wages?

Funnily enough, wages don't generally stay at the same rate as when you first join...even the harshest of employer would struggle to get away with that what with inflation and the like.

A number of factors can lead to pay disputes - it could just be a gradual reduction in real value due to successive below inflationary increases, or against other measures such as general economic growth, comparisons against wage growth in other sectors and the like. Or there could be changes to other conditions of work which have an impact - for example, a lot of companies expect "efficiencies" to be made, and it can be fair to expect them to pay for them.

Nobody remains on the same contracted T & C as when they first joined, so the argument that they knew the pay etc. when they joined is completely invalidated.

grow up, one day you will be able to talk sense.

Obviosly a management A**e licking driver.

Get a proper job pal :loopy:

Nobody remains on the same contracted T & C as when they first joined, so the argument that they knew the pay etc. when they joined is completely invalidated.

It is, however, easily replaced by a similar argument. You still know what the terms and conditions are at present, since you still work for them; if you don't like them, you move to a job with better ones. Assuming, of course, that there are any available and that you can procure one; otherwise, you're not worth any better pay and conditions than you currently have.

I don't agree with strikes full stop. You apply for a job, you know the wage. So why start crying later down the line about the wages?

Argente, you were asked earlier on in another post how much you think drivers should be on. You didn't fully answer.

Argente, how much do you think First drivers should be on per hour or per annum?

I'm sick to death of seeing posters up on First buses saying you can start and earn £9 per hour. If I was earning that much, I'd be happy to be in a job with a decent wage.

With respect i was a Bus Driver in Sheffield long before First became a company, i started with S.Y.P.T.E. and i loved the job, even then the wages wasn't good you had to work a lot of overtime, truly i couldn't say how much i think i should earn, due to the current economic climate i voted against the strike, but it should reflect the amount of responsibility i have, and the fact First is performing well, i take your point that others, you yourself included earn less than me, the National Minimum Wage being £5.73 (£5.80 from 1st Oct 2009) but others earn more than i, unfortunately equality and fairness mean little in this world, if you examine your first and last statement in your post you will see they are at odds with each other, IE, you apply for a job you know the wage, so why start crying down the road-then you complain about others earning more than you in a job you applied for, you knew the wage so why cry now because you don't like the fact someone earns more than you.

..........No longer a forum member

Edited by evolution200

OK then. It's invalidated.

So, your terms and conditions have changed? You don't like them anymore?

Simple.

Leave the company. Get a new job.

Problem solved.

I trained for 10 years to become a Brain Surgeon, the money's OK but I don't like the conditions, I fancy being Head of 'A Swiss Bank', the pay and conditions are better, who do I apply to 'me old mucker' ?

Edited by evolution200

Edited by evolution200

Obviosly a management A**e licking driver.

Get a proper job pal :loopy:

not at all, its the only reply anyone could give to the generalised, uninformed, unoriginal drivel your post contained, can you tell me how to get a 40ft bus into a 35ft lay by or into a 50ft lay by when there's a car parked in it? taking into account if you hit the car or the street furniture, a pedestrian, or ground the bus the driver is to blame, swearing at the passengers would not be tolerated by any bus company and would result in dismissal if reported and substantiated, how do we change notes if we have no change? First have a policy that no person is allowed on the bus without a valid pass or ticket for the journey they are taking on pain of dismissal, we are tracked by satellite and timed past every bus stop on the journey, leaving late would get an enquiry from radio control as to the reason unless of course the bus is running late in the first place, and then speeding, only a fool would do this there are far too many static and mobile speed traps, and to be involved in an accident were speeding was a factor would result in dismissal, remember much of Firsts fleet is equipped with camera's in the cab, remember also a bus is a moving platform in which the passengers are not strapped into their seats, when the bus accelerates or brakes your body is still moving whilst the bus speed alters.

Edited by evolution200

I only realised there was a strike tonight when I was walking the dog and wondered where all the buses were.

But the air's certainly a lot cleaner without them.