Bradfield Road car park (Hillsborough) - charges and "fines"

There is a thread on pepipoo from 2014, is it the same car park?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=93299&st=0&p=1001482&&do=findComment&comment=1001482

Thanks for that, interesting......

I don`t think Fernie Greaves are either the owner or the agent`s for the owner :

http://www.ferniegreaves.co.uk/find-a-property/property.php?id=89

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 22:20 ----------

What you have to understand BethsMummy is threads like this present an irresistable opportunity for the more anal forummers to get on their high horse about something for the enlargement of their moral egos and further their relative poistion on their journey to sainthood.

How true, unfortunately.......

---------- Post added 19-02-2016 at 22:54 ----------

Top and bottom of it, is that farmfoods rent that carpark from the landlord, to which the landlord also rents it to parking eye! They cannot enforce a ticket in that car park, its upto the owner if they want to give their money away or not! Ignore all letters you get, Noticeably 3 and then they stop because they CANNOT enforce it! I think now they are starting to clamp at the back of the car park, near dunelms if u park there without a permit! BUT that is also illegal! So ignore the complete A***Holes! Always a scam, always a victim!

Is this still true ? I asked a member of staff at Farmfoods who was certain they did not own (or lease) the car park.

We eventually had a letter sent through "cancelling the notice".

The section I`m particularly interested in is this one :

In the light of your evidence of custom at the site, the representations stated in your appeal have been noted and upheld.

I`d like to know if that is actually the case, or is it just that the demand was cancelled because their clock was provably wrong and/or I`d bothered to fill out a 2 page "legalise" challenge to the demand.

If the fact our custom at a Bradfield road restaurant (The Taste of India) was significant in the cancelling of the charge then that implies that the car park owner has some connection with the businesses in that block. I`d very much like to know what connection !

The owners of the carpark at 145 Bradfield Road in Hillsborough are:

Birch Park Investments Limited

2nd Floor Parkgates, Bury New Road, Manchester, M25 0TL

The letter I had in my evidence pack was signed by a David Reisner who was 'manager' of Birch Park.

I CANNOT find a contact number for them anywhere.

I too have been fighting a ticket I got in this car park, my final appeal has been rejected by POPLA following the long running beavis case.

Stupidly I did not mention that I was shopping in the area as I thought that was implied! I simply overstayed due to having to wait for my son to return.

Advice from Pepipoo has been to ignore any further letters, unless its a proper court letter as Highfield Parking generally don't go to court.

I too have long running dispute with this company who have now referred it to a debt collection agency I was parked for 12 minutes in the permit holder area to collect a large item from Dunelm The signage is very unclear with no signs actually near the parking bays only on the wall opposite and they do not inform what kind of permit you should have and that will be my argument if I get my day in court. I believe that this is so that High View parking can continue to "fine" unsuspecting car owners and hope they will cough up the money demanded.

They have lost no money by my parking there and there were lots of spaces so its unfair to charge large amounts in so called "fines". I have no wish to abuse the free parking there and am grateful for it but if they want to make money why dont they charge a small amount surely no one would mind paying 50 pence or so. I recently visited Skipton and the surrounding area and paid 70 pence for 4 hours and £2 for overnight parking which I gladly paid Why do the big cities and big parking companies have to be so greedy?

I was parked for 12 minutes in the permit holder area to collect a large item from Dunelm The signage is very unclear with no signs actually near the parking bays only on the wall opposite and they do not inform what kind of permit you should have and that will be my argument if I get my day in court.

Did you have any permit at all though?

Did you have any permit at all though?

Yes I have a staff parking permit for my place of work so my argument would be that I did display "a permit" as it did not state what permit was required.

It was an honest mistake though and i honestly did not realise I wasnt supposed to park there due to the confusing signage and seeing empty parking spots assumed it was OK,

My sister has received a notification for £85 about a permit from High View, Po bOx number based in Barnet, she thought it was free parking for 2 hours she had been to the Italian restaurant across road from there last Saturday. Was parked just under 2 hours. Do you have to have a permit then to park there? Has anyone else received one from High View and did you pay this? Any advice anyone? Cheers

My sister has received a notification for £85 about a permit from High View, Po bOx number based in Barnet, she thought it was free parking for 2 hours she had been to the Italian restaurant across road from there last Saturday. Was parked just under 2 hours. Do you have to have a permit then to park there? Has anyone else received one from High View and did you pay this? Any advice anyone? Cheers

They've lowered the parking time to 1.5 hours from 2 hours so she might have got caught out if over the 1.5 but under 2.

I would contest it. Have you checked the time of the ticket against the card receipt from the restaurant ? The ticket they issued to us was wrong so their case was weak before we even started.

If the timings are correct fill in one of the forms available on the internet to contest it, stressing what loss have they suffered in relation to the amount they`re charging you (bearing in mind you were using the local businesses) ?

To be honest I`d partly blame the Italian restaurant. They should inform their customers that there`s a 1.5 hour restriction on parking there, did they do that ? Is there a prominent sign up ?

My POPLA appeal was rejected last year, since then I have had various letters demanding increasing sums and then about four months ago I had a letter saying if I didn't pay up within four weeks they would take me to court, I'm still waiting. Will let you know if I hear anything further

I've just had a letter for their too. I had my blue badge on display so have appealed. Yet to hear back from them