Taking children fishing?

Where could I take the children fishing in sheffield? Are there any places that are more practical for taking younger children. I know children under 12 dont need a license but do I need to have one too if I am just taking them?

Where could I take the children fishing in sheffield? Are there any places that are more practical for taking younger children. I know children under 12 dont need a license but do I need to have one too if I am just taking them?

Hillsborough Park is one place,it is only about 3ft deep allover.Last year thousands of small roach were removed so the fishing is better, larger fish but not so many.You do not need a license as long as you are NOT fishing.

Licenses are checked now and again.the main problem is school holidays and duck feeders,when anyone with a pram walks round the the ducks and geese follow them waiting for food.in school holidays the pond gets tons of rubbish thrown in and looks a mess.

you only need a licence if yu intend to hold the rod if your child is under 12 no need for 1

Edited by uniden300

as a previous poster said,hillsbrough park is good for kids,there are benches for you to sit on while laddo fisshes,double maggot on a size 18 hook fished about 3 feet deep with a float that is shotted to **** straight away brings results,throw a few maggots in and pull those on the hook into the free maggots as they sink...good luck

its good and it keeps kids off the streets

the new kjs ponds at aston is great for kids.try the big pond as soon as you go through the gate

Crooks Valley Park is also an idal location for the kids, free too.. Tight lines