Sign in to follow this  

City Road area

I've found a property on City Road, before i travel up from London to view the house i need the lowdown on the area.would you want to live there???

I used to live there when i was a kid.Its a very busy road and if the house is up towards the top end then you'll also have the tram going past aswell.It not exactly surrounded by great areas either,manor,norfolk park and park hill are all in spitting distance.On the plus side its amazingly easy and quick to get in to the city center from there,and if you are near a tram stop that makes it pretty easy to get to most places in sheffield.

Hope that helps!!

Its alright I'd say. Close to Manor but the area has been cleaned up in recent years. Not far from City Centre and has a KFC on it so all plus signs.

All depends on what you're looking for!

Thanks for your comments.I have 2 young boys 4 and 6 yrs,are there schools,parks nearby?. The house number is 670, is that right next to the tram line?

Yeah i think 670 will be,i used to live at 656 so it wont be far away from that.Good news is that the back garden should back out on to a playing field which has got a couple of footy pitches on it,plus norkolk park is only a 10 min walk away.You'll also be pretty close to the tram stop aswell.

Cheers Mr Craig, you've been most helpfull, the best thing i can do now is to get myself up to Sheffield and check this property out. One more thing. can you tell me what the houses are like on the inside. Thanks. Smithy

Originally posted by smithy

Cheers Mr Craig, you've been most helpfull, the best thing i can do now is to get myself up to Sheffield and check this property out. One more thing. can you tell me what the houses are like on the inside. Thanks. Smithy

Well i'll asume that the house you'll be looking at will be the same as my old one.

Downstairs you've got a front living room and a dinning room to the rear of the house which leads through to the kitchen.there should also be a cellar.

Upstairs you've got the master bedroom above the living room then a smaller bedroom which is next to the bathroom at the back.

These house's have also got fairly decent sized attic which i know alot of people have converted in to a third bedroom.

I think thats about it,my memorys are a little fuzzy from when i lived there as we moved out when i was about 5,but i'm pretty sure it should be something like that.

there is a house at the bottom off city road i think its city road just before you go down the road to sheffield college it's a really big house with wooden boards over the windows can some please tell me why the windows are boarded up because i think it's a shame to let the house go to waste it's a beautiful big house but it looks so scary please reply!