Independent restaurants in Sheffield

Milestone is good, but the service is shocking, Nonnas (does exactly what is says on the tin, but you have to eat with the want to be's on Friday and Saturday) and the Wig and Pen. Old Vicarage was good, but not eaten there for a long time. Moran's is always raved about too. I think the choice is pretty poor in Sheffield, we're just turning into a chain.

I have to disagree with the service in the milestone, I have had nothing but great service, even on busy times. There was also one occasion we aske for a bottle of prosecco, unfortunatly they didn't have any but the offered us a bottle of house champagne for the same price. Good Work Fellas :D

Greenhead House (Chapeltown) but book early!, Morans (Abbeydale Road), Rafters (went last week excellent), Marco @ Milano, Nonna's, Otto's, Zeugma, Yamasushi, Garden Room @ The Cavendish (Baslow), RushHour(Chesterfield Rd), Blue Room, Artisan & Canteen, Thyme Cafe, Pasta Bar(Sharrowvale Road), Dore Grill...... not really been to any others regularly in Sheffield as I like to cook at home!

Dam House - near Children's, Bay Leaves - Ecclesfield.

I much remember the food.I love a restaurant as long as it serve foods that i love like steak and healthy salads.Roasted chicken is also yummy.

Edited by lovely09

We must be one of the most independent sheffield restaurants

owners - from Sheffield

management team - from Sheffield

head chef and all chefs - from Sheffield

Looking forward to seeing you soon

I went to Thai at The Travellers, Holmesfield last night and the food was excellent, nice setting and the staff were really good.

The only downside is its nearly 20 miles from where I live :(

Definitely recommend Morans - went there last nice, absolutely delicious! Expensive but definitely worth it for a treat.

Also love The Blue Room and The Milestone.

Have to agree though that there arent enough really good independent restaurants in Sheffield esp. compared to the likes of Leeds and Manchester.

Vito's - South Road, Walkley. Excellent Italian with an even better wine list.

We used to go to Vito's regularly but we were disappointed with the veg..it was frozen.(frozen before cooked-you know what I mean)

OK-not a big deal for some but Vito's aint a cheap restaurant..