Independent restaurants in Sheffield

I thoroughly recommend Uncle Sam's on Ecclesall Road, great american food, very reasonably priced and a lovely atmosphere to sit in. They even have a little train whizzing around on a train track attatched to the roof, which I think is a really nice little feature.

I would also recommend trying Piccolinos on West St. Gorgeous Italian food and lovely atmosphere!

I would also recommend trying Piccolinos on West St. Gorgeous Italian food and lovely atmosphere!

???

its on west st, therefore its full of chavs, the only place not full of chavs is what ever west st live is called now.

Every thread seems to be full of people recommending chain restaurants and personally i think they are all terrible. So, which independent restaurants in Sheffield serve good food? Does not matter where i have a car.

Also, everyone go eat at the tulip lounge.

Thats just to save the places employees filling up this thread with crap.

hi! we are totally independent and are one of a kind in Sheffield if not in south Yorkshire.

we are a cafe by day restaurant by night, we serve fish, vegi and vegan food, we have organic and fair trade ingredients, we cater for parties and birthdays.

we are at 53 chesterfield rd 01142557797.

hope to see you sometime. :)

Wig and pen or the milestone are both great and do good offers

Sunday lunch at the milestone rocks though

Best meal out I've had in Sheffield recently was in Artisan, in Crosspool just off the A57, easily found on Google maps. Apparently the service can be patchy, but my wife and I were booked at 9.00pm on a Friday (maybe it was after the evening rush period) and the service was absolutely fine. Haven't heard anyone complain about the food at all though; the fixed price menu (£26 per head) was delicious and excellent value for money. If you're on this menu go for the 7 hour lamb! Was frankly fantastic.

Completely agree, at times like this we need to be supporting the independant restaurants. The chains can look after themselves.

Everyone go to Ninos on abbeydale road, the food is lush.

The last time I tasted food that good is in Italy!!

Would seriously recommend the Fillet Dijon - looked every bite.

Don't forget the pubs out there making an effort with home cooked food too. Some great examples are the Coach & Horses in Dronfield, Hearty Oak at Dronfield Woodhouse, Cricket Inn at Totley, Crown at Totley, Bradway at Bradway, Castle at Bradway, Milestone at Kelham Island, New Barrack Tavern at Hillsborough etc

Do you mean Piccolo's? The one tucked in the corner across from the Cavendish with the green sign? Because if you do, I don't know why you think it's a lovely atmosphere! It's location just means it's usually full of chavs/students basically out to line their stomach before the binge-drinking begins.

I think you're confused with Piccolino, which is next to the Winter Gardens and is a lovely place. Expensive, yes, but their pasta is amazing, and a much nicer atmosphere than most other restaurants in town.

Piccolino's (near winter gardens) would be a chain restaurant.

NO I definaltly mean Nino's, the Italian restaurant on abbeydale road, used to be dolca vita!

Couldn't be any further away from the experience i've had at ninos.

Piccolino's (near winter gardens) would be a chain restaurant.

I know it is. I was just mentioning it in the context that Ditz earlier referred to Piccolino's on West Street when they actually meant Piccolo's. I then happened to add where Piccolino (no 's' on the end) is actually located, to clear up confusion.

oops, what I was going to write has already been said!!

Edited by medicgirl
already posted!!