Advice needed please- worrying about whether she's pregnant

hi people,

i need some advice regarding my girlfreind, we have had unprotected sex about four times using the withdrawel method, i know it was stupid but when in the heat of the moment you just get carried away.

anyway, because her menstural cycle is 44 days usually. we cannot accuratly tell when her fertile period is.

she is due on her period today but has had no signs of pms which she normally gets, eg, sore boobs etc etc.

what are the chances of her being pregnant. the internet is just as confusing as ever and wondered what you guys thought.

please no nonsense and attacking, we have been together for 6 years and a baby would not be the end of the world but not what we both need right now.

thanks

I'd have a look at this website

link

Do a pregnancy test, first thing in the morning. If negative and she still hasn't started her period in a week do another... again first thing in the morning as the pregnancy horemones are strongest in the first pee of the day.

If positive make an appointment to see your GP together, if negative either put a lid on it or get her on the pill. Don't bring a life into this world purely because you were caught up in the moment.

A friend of mine is six months pregnant after she and her partner had been using the withdrawal method; she fully knows that it was not the wisest method by any means but says that there was not one instance where she and her partner thought they could have been 'caught short', as such so the pregnancy was a shock.

It's still a scary time for her as pregnancy is completely new to her and she has her ups and downs due to other issues simultaneously going on in her life, but ultimately she is now looking forward to the birth of her first child, so things can work out :)

Is your girlfriend ever a few days late with her period, naturally?

In a trying to reassure mode - lateness of periods can occur for a number of reasons,including stress from worrying about a late period.

with the others on this one... worrying and stress may make it late anyway. best thing is to do a test in a morning, get it out of the way and then again next week if still not started. hope all goes okay

hi people,

i need some advice regarding my girlfreind, we have had unprotected sex about four times using the withdrawel method, i know it was stupid but when in the heat of the moment you just get carried away.

anyway, because her menstural cycle is 44 days usually. we cannot accuratly tell when her fertile period is.

she is due on her period today but has had no signs of pms which she normally gets, eg, sore boobs etc etc.

what are the chances of her being pregnant. the internet is just as confusing as ever and wondered what you guys thought.

please no nonsense and attacking, we have been together for 6 years and a baby would not be the end of the world but not what we both need right now.

thanks

one day late and your panicking, give it a few weeks then start buying baby clothes ,you get what you sow,if she isnt pregnant you will have learnt a lesson,how long does it take to use protection? less than a minute i reckon

Go to the chemist and buy a pregnancy test.

Use it.

If negative, go back to the chemist and buy condoms.

Use them.

Use it.

Use them.

lol. I agree completely!

I'm all for support where needed, but FGS take some responsibility people. :roll: The last thing the world needs is more unplanned and unwanted babies.

If I was straight and there was even the slightest risk of my partner getting pregnant at a time when we weren't considering becoming parents, then I'd be using a reliable form of contraception; not a dodgy, archaic, highly unreliable one...

Just for future reference, there's a 'morning after' pill for those moments when you can't be bothered to practice being responsible.

Use it.

Use them.

Couldn't agree less. Coming on SF for advice first is always the best option. Certainly on issues of health ;)

I think "Dear forum" knows this.

How long ago did you have unprotected sex - you can use the 'morning after' pill up to 72 hours later.

Or do you use the withdrawal method because you don't believe in contraception?

I've not heard the phrase 'Vatican Roulette' before!!