Waitrose Car Park - A Scam???

Was getting out of my car at waitrose and a car pulled up beside me. The driver, a south european looking guy, started telling me how he has been in sheffield for a few days selling design jackets, was flying back this evening but had not sold his quota and offered me a free jacket to reduce his luggage, asking would i like to try one on to see if it fitted. I Declined the offer.

Was i right to be sceptical????

If it seems too good to be true then it probably is.....

Not sure the spiel is true but I got a Gucci jacket from a guy in Tesco carpark last week for £175. Same jacket is on ebay for over £1500 which is where mine will be going too. Brand new, still has the hologram tags on. Wish I'd got more now...

Not sure the spiel is true but I got a Gucci jacket from a guy in Tesco carpark last week for £175. Same jacket is on ebay for over £1500 which is where mine will be going too. Brand new, still has the hologram tags on. Wish I'd got more now...

Holograms are easy to fake! Almost as easy as the Jacket!

Search for

"Offered cheap leather jackets, is this a scam?" thread, earlier this year.....

You know what they say? "If its too good to true then .........."

I would slash my wrists, rather than shop at Waitrose. :(

I can you you loads of real gucci jackets. They make them in a factory a couple of hours from here. I think they go for about a tenner or so complete with hologram labels.

Of course they aren't real, real Gucci but no one can tell so that's OK.

Want a Rolex for a few quid while you have your wallet out?

Was getting out of my car at waitrose and a car pulled up beside me. The driver, a south european looking guy, started telling me how he has been in sheffield for a few days selling design jackets, was flying back this evening but had not sold his quota and offered me a free jacket to reduce his luggage, asking would i like to try one on to see if it fitted. I Declined the offer.

Was i right to be sceptical????

Yes, it's a scam. :mad: A fake "Italian" bloke tried exactly the same thing on me about 7 or 8 years ago in the car park of Tesco. Told him to bugger off. Some weeks or months later, the scam was featured on one of the crimewatch/stoppers type TV programme.

This isn't the only scam going on in Waitrose car park.

The other one is where two good looking young women come to your car as you are parking. One starts wiping your windshield with a rag and the other comes to your window and bends over so far her breasts are about fall out of her blouse. While you're distracted, the other one lets herself into the back seat and then they both start begging you for a ride home.

Be very wary, because as soon as you start driving, one of them will take off her shirt while the other climbs over the seat and starts nibbling your ear.

This is when they steal your wallet.

I was robbed last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: I couldn't find them on Saturday or Sunday.

You've been warned,

This isn't the only scam going on in Waitrose car park.

The other one is where two good looking young women come to your car as you are parking. One starts wiping your windshield with a rag and the other comes to your window and bends over so far her breasts are about fall out of her blouse. While you're distracted, the other one lets herself into the back seat and then they both start begging you for a ride home.

Be very wary, because as soon as you start driving, one of them will take off her shirt while the other climbs over the seat and starts nibbling your ear.

This is when they steal your wallet.

I was robbed last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday: I couldn't find them on Saturday or Sunday.

You've been warned,

You missed out there then Bazzer, on Saturday and Sunday they fondle one's genitals.

Got more what? Jackets or braincells?