Farm Shops in Sheffield, any ideas

Anyone know where there are farm shops in Sheffield to get fresh eggs and mushrooms that kind of stuff? Near to Lodge Moor preferably but any ideas would be appreciated.

try Whirlow Hall farm shop. I think they have a website

Thanks, Coppice looks like the place I need,, unfortunetly they were closed today and strangely there is no address on the website? seems like very poor marketing to me that! but hay ho,, will give them a call when there open.

The nearest farm shop is

http://www.coppicehousefarmshop.co.uk/

on Rivelin Valley Road.

Their chickens are not organic, they are what they call barn-reared, ( = locked in a shed) not what i would call organic.

I think one should always ask where any farm-shop sorce their goods from, just being told they are organic is not good enough.

Get my eggs from a farm just outside Ashbourne where as soon as you step out of the car chickens are seen running around out doors and trying to trip you up. To me thats organic.

chickens are seen running around out doors and trying to trip you up. To me thats organic.

that'd be free range.

organic means no manmade chemicals have been used in relation to the chicken. ie natural feed without added growth hormone

Get my eggs from a farm just outside Ashbourne where as soon as you step out of the car chickens are seen running around out doors and trying to trip you up. To me thats organic.

I'm not saying you're wrong because I don't know but I have seen chickens in the fields at Coppice House.

There's a farm shop on Baslow Road, as you go up through Totley. It's on the left as you head out of town, about 0.25 to 0.5 a mile before the Cross Scythes. There is also one near Tinker's corner at Bradway, on the farm itself I believe. Dronfield has one too.

I have to confess I've not tried any of the above, so cannot say one way or the other if they are any good or not.

Regarding the mushrooms, you can buy logs with the mushroom spores on, which you dunk in water, keep in a darkish place for a bit :cool:, and hey-presto mushrooms! You can also re-use them after a rest period.

I've seen them in the "wiggerly wigglers" (?spelling) brochure, and they have a website. There are places which probably do the same stuff cheaper though...

I'd guess most people keep quiet where they can get top quality produce at cheaper prices due to fear of the masses ruining it. Close friends and family only. I know for a fact I'm not going to post on here where you can get the best steak for many miles for half price.

Sorry.

Their chickens are not organic, they are what they call barn-reared, ( = locked in a shed) not what i would call organic.

I think one should always ask where any farm-shop sorce their goods from, just being told they are organic is not good enough.

yeah, Asbourne's pretty handy for central Sheffield!