25 Day's To Go And Counting

we hold the record for fastest sending off in the premier league -Pressman sent off after 13 seconds at wolves in 2000

Read post number 11 on this thread.

i was the 1st person to hit a west brom goalkeeper in the 80s with a snowball on the back of the head/neck:D(tony godden) i think his name was

Edited by mh01

The first time I saw Wednesday lose at home was to Everton, on the same day as the Bradford fire. 1-0, Peter Reid scored a penalty I seem to remember.

Not an exciting fact, but a true one.

I remember Derek Dooley losing his leg (I was not at the match), but never thought that I would be watching Wednesday when another striker, Mick Prendergast broke his leg at Deepdale. I swear to God that I heard the break from the stand, it sickened my stomach, you start thinking "oh s**t not again".

Mick was never the same again, he left us and played a dozen games for Barnsley, went on to Mexborough and then Denaby and retired. The last time that I saw him, many moons ago, he was in a wheelchair, he is now registered as disabled. The only difference between Derek's injury and Mick's is that Derek got rid of the offending limb, but Mick didn't.

Deepdale is not our lucky ground.

derek dooley scored 62 goals in 61 league appearances for wednesday.

he later went on to be club manager before being cruel'y sacked on christmas eve 1973.

the decision left him bitter at the treatment he received and it was to be nearly 20 years before he set foot in hillsbrough again.

born an owl but came over from the dark side and died a much loved blade.

in 1978 united manager harry haslam on a scouting mission to argentina tried to sign a 17 year old lad. the united board thought the £400,000 asking price was too much for an unknown kid... the kid. diego maradona. :mad:

Record gate receipts £467,036 v Forest, First division Play off semi final 15 may 2003

Highest transfer fee paid £4.0million James Beattie August 2007

Most league appearances 631 Joe Shaw 1948-1966

in 1978 united manager harry haslam on a scouting mission to argentina tried to sign a 17 year old lad. the united board thought the £400,000 asking price was too much for an unknown kid... the kid. diego maradona. :mad:

Did he see him plat on grass?

OOPS,sorry wrong player.

That documentary with Taylor on channel 4 was one of the best comedy programmes I've ever seen.

I wish I could see it again!

Ive got the video mate

Ya can have it iff ya want (and if i can find it)

And you ended up with Sabella instead:hihi:

Eric Cantona had a trial at Wednesday but Francis wouldn't sign him because he wanted to see Cantona play in a friendly game before signing him and cantona refused:mad:

Nick Montgomery is the best **** player in the world.