25 Day's To Go And Counting

Sheffield Wednesday's first permanent home ground was at Olive Grove, a site near Queen's Road originally leased from the Duke of Norfolk.

and until 1912 Hillsbro was called Owlerton

Carlton Palmer the worst player to play for England as a right winger (especially when we had the best at the club at the same time)

Yes Graham Taylor was a master of tactics, was he not. :confused:

We had Palmer, Sinton, and Walker in the England squad, with Waddle (sport writer's player of the year) in the wilderness, well done Graham, this I do not like. :loopy:

Wednesday were called the blades untill 1899 when we decided to change it to the owls (im sure someone then copied us and used the name )

Yes Graham Taylor was a master of tactics, was he not. :confused:

We had Palmer, Sinton, and Walker in the England squad, with Waddle (sport writer's player of the year) in the wilderness, well done Graham, this I do not like. :loopy:

That documentary with Taylor on channel 4 was one of the best comedy programmes I've ever seen.

I wish I could see it again!

That documentary with Taylor on channel 4 was one of the best comedy programmes I've ever seen.

I wish I could see it again!

There's every single part to watch online if your interested this is a taster lol.

GO LES!!!!!!!!!!!

ROB SHEPHERD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4EZa0Dn8FY&feature=related

Bramall lane is the oldest major stadium in the world to be hosting professional football matches.

No it isn't Deepdale is the oldest.

Preston are the only team still to be playing at its original ground. With the English league being the first ever professional football league to form, this makes Deepdale the oldest site for league football in the world.

Wednesday were called the blades untill 1899 when we decided to change it to the owls (im sure someone then copied us and used the name )

Just about every club in Sheffield at that time was called the Blades.

Preston are the only team still to be playing at its original ground. With the English league being the first ever professional football league to form, this makes Deepdale the oldest site for league football in the world.

Yep they were playing professional football there before United were even formed.

Yep they were playing professional football there before United were even formed.

scottf was right too - 'oldest major stadium in the world hosting pro football matches' - as Bramall Lane was opened in 1855, and Deepdale not until 1860 (and not leased by the North End Sports Club until 1875).

Also, both United and Preston still play at their original grounds - both formed from existing sports clubs to add a football section, of course Preston were well before United in this case football-wise.

sheffield wednesdays north stand was the first cantalever stand to run the length of the pitch when built in the 60's

We signed the 1st £100k teenager in England,what would he have been worth if he could have used his right peg.