25 Day's To Go And Counting

Only 25 day's to go till the big kick off.

Each day let's all try and find a mad fact either about Wednesday, United, or football as a whole which will get us past the hardest bit of pre season, the last month or so lol.

A 1984 match between Sheffield United and Oldham was postponed when a war-time bomb was found near Bramall Lane.

Edited by scottf
another day less

In 2008-2009 Wednesday did the double over the blades

The highest number of goals ever scored in a local derby was 7 by the Blades

lets keep this to actual facts people- and we can have a nice *civilised* thread counting down the days till the world becomes normal again and we have football back in our lives ;) ;)

That is a fact the score was 7 - 3 to United

come on scott, they were all facts that have been posted. cant think of any facts yet but will put one when i think of something. agreed though about keeping it civilised, lets try not to get this into a slanging match though

Edited by NERVY-OWL

i know pal- i just don't want the thread to become a wed/utd slanging match, you know that it does happen on some very few occasions ;)

Biggest ever attendance in the third tier of English football

Boxing Day 1979

Hillsborough

Bramall lane is the oldest major stadium in the world to be hosting professional football matches.

41.000, a record for any 1 side of supporters at the Millenium Stadium.

Sheffield United's Keith Gillespie holds the Premiership's fastest sending off record. Officially recorded as being 0 seconds on Jan 20th 2007, when he came on as a sub and elbowed Readings Stephen Hunt before play had officially resumed.

I thought Pressman's 13 seconds against Wolves (although not in the Premiership) was quick, but 0 seconds takes some beating. :D

Sheffield United's Keith Gillespie holds the Premiership's fastest sending off record. Officially recorded as being 0 seconds on Jan 20th 2007, when he came on as a sub and elbowed Readings Stephen Hunt before play had officially resumed.

I thought Pressman's 13 seconds against Wolves (although not in the Premiership) was quick, but 0 seconds takes some beating. :D

Bloody hell, so he basiclly got paid for doing nowt, these footy player's have got it easy, any other job and they would have sent him to packing lol :hihi: