Raining on Fargate? I know, lets block the shop exits! A rant..

O my god......... I was one of those people blocking the doorway to topshop. It was throwing it down and there was no way i would attemp to try and walk out in rain like that. the rain only last a good 10 mins so top your ranting. I did attempt to run back to work when the rain slowed down but hey guess what (now this is going to get you really mad) i stop in every shop door on the way. :) there was not just me there was 3 of us. all girls and all screaming coz we was getting soaked. o the joys of the great british weather.

Soiunds like Roxy's on a Friday night.

deleted - see below

Edited by bradley1983

there was not just me there was 3 of us. all girls and all screaming coz we was getting soaked. o the joys of the great british weather.

Were you all wearing white tops?

Were you all wearing white tops?

That only happens in dreams unfortunately.

O my god......... I was one of those people blocking the doorway to topshop. It was throwing it down and there was no way i would attemp to try and walk out in rain like that. the rain only last a good 10 mins so top your ranting. I did attempt to run back to work when the rain slowed down but hey guess what (now this is going to get you really mad) i stop in every shop door on the way. :) there was not just me there was 3 of us. all girls and all screaming coz we was getting soaked. o the joys of the great british weather.

Yes, its only 10 minutes.

Or a third of my lunch break, put a different way. :loopy:

So you didn't bother with "excuse me"? - methinks the woman may have been right.

So you think it is acceptable practice for three people to completley block off the exit to Boots?

Therefore I did not see why I had to say "excuse me" when they were clearly in the wrong.

People dont learn anything if you pussy-foot around them, which the authorities seem to do to most groups of people in life these days. But thats an argument for another thread.

I have accepted the anti-social behaviour of people in town for long enough now. Mothers treating their prams as bulldozers, people in wheelchairs who think they have the right of way just because they are in a wheelchair, people blocking doors, people suddenly stopping dead in the street and causing me to almost walk into them(and in some cases doing a full 180 degree turn and walking into me!), charity workers giving me verbals, people trying to get into a lift with a pram even before I have got out... I could go on.

The time is over for pleasantries and "Being British" as far as I am concerned. If someone is in the wrong, I'm going to bloody well tell them.

And this involves blocking exits to shops

umbrellas- dont get me started a couple of years ago I was in town in december waiting for a tram to go to meadowhell to finish of xmas shopping. it had been raining but it was just spitting. anyway a tram came and people were trying to get on the tram with their brollies still up! I nearly lost an eye and because of the length of time people were taking getting on the tram closed its doors and went I was furious. Traffic was mad so trams were running late as it was couldnt understand it all for a few droplets of water!

Yes, its only 10 minutes.

Or a third of my lunch break, put a different way. :loopy:

So you think it is acceptable practice for three people to completley block off the exit to Boots?

Therefore I did not see why I had to say "excuse me" when they were clearly in the wrong.

People dont learn anything if you pussy-foot around them, which the authorities seem to do to most groups of people in life these days. But thats an argument for another thread.

I have accepted the anti-social behaviour of people in town for long enough now. Mothers treating their prams as bulldozers, people in wheelchairs who think they have the right of way just because they are in a wheelchair, people blocking doors, people suddenly stopping dead in the street and causing me to almost walk into them(and in some cases doing a full 180 degree turn and walking into me!), charity workers giving me verbals, people trying to get into a lift with a pram even before I have got out... I could go on.

The time is over for pleasantries and "Being British" as far as I am concerned. If someone is in the wrong, I'm going to bloody well tell them.

And this involves blocking exits to shops

Are you having a break whilst you are writing all the above.

Are you having a break whilst you are writing all the above.

No, I have finished.

They weren't "in the wrong" in any sense, morally or legally. And by definition, they were not acting anti-socially, if anything they were being more social than most other people, as people that clump together like that often start talking. Just think, your actions in being rude instead of saying "excuse me" might have prevented a lifelong friendship that would have otherwise started (or indeed started one as they discussed what a n*b you were :D)

You object to people stopping and going the other way in the street. Yeah, they should have to perform a three point turn i suppose, or maybe shout "I WILL SHORTLY BE TURNING AROUND, BEWARE, I WILL SHORTLY BE TURNING ROUND" Or, perhaps if you didn't walk so close behind them, or paid attention to where you are walking, you might not have that problem. Perhaps you are too busy composing your latest whine on SF to notice other people? I have never walked into someone that stopped in front of me cos, y'know, I have eyes.

Charity workers however i agree with you on :P

funny....really

Bradley is my partner and unlucky for him when we're in town has to be my eyes. Unfortunately when I was born I had inherited an eye condition which basically leads to me going completely blind.

So what maybe a simple "let's just stop dead in a busy pedestrian area without the common sense to stand to one side" to you can be a rather embarassing situation for me where I end up walking into you..........I really should ignore the fact i'm nearly blind and pay attention....of course

as for the women in the doors what Bradley failed to mention is that they they were physically holding the doors stopping anyone on the outside entering.

we'd accepted not everyone had the foresight to check the forecast and bring a brolly hence we didn't use the first 2 entrances as people were stood there but to block all three is ridiculous

when you suddenly realise you need to stop and change the direction your headed it wouldn't kill you to simply goto one side then change would it? that's the whole point!

when there's a busy pathway why the hell just stop? it shows sheer ignorance to everything and everyone around you

i was in a shop the other day and gave way to a old lady to pss in front of me then suddenley a lady of ethnic minority race pushed straight in front of me talk about ignorant .

when you suddenly realise you need to stop and change the direction your headed it wouldn't kill you to simply goto one side then change would it? that's the whole point!

when there's a busy pathway why the hell just stop? it shows sheer ignorance to everything and everyone around you

Yes that is okay, but when you step to one side to stop, you may be blocking someone elses way, so really there is no answer to the "right" way to stop on a busy street.