Raining on Fargate? I know, lets block the shop exits! A rant..

OK, so was out in town at lunchtime today, when that downpour started which caused a mini-river in town.

As I needed some lunch, I hot-footed it into Boots.

Well, at least I tried to hot-foot it in. As the entrance was more or less completely blocked off by ignorant cretins who obviously have no conception that the space they are occupying is the way in and out of the building! Rain or not, either go outside and get wet, or stay in the main body of the building for a bit longer.

The way out was worse. I chose to exit via the non-automatic doors at the Alliance and Leicester end of Boots. I was met with three ladies completely blocking off the door for me to get out, stood there gawping at the rain.

Annoyed by this point as my dinner half-hour was evaporating fast, I said aloud "Would you mind not blocking the exit please"? The middle woman moved to the side, and allowed me out. However I heard her calling me a n*b after I walked past!

No madam, you are the n*b for blocking a fire escape and the route out of a building. Not all of us have time on our lunch break to gaze at the majesty of the British summer weather and wonder when there will be a break in the rain.

Just needed to get that out. :rant::rant::suspect:

i'm glad you did!

town seems to be full of stupid people like that who stand in doorways chatting or in aisles chatting while their pram is blocking the whole aisle

the days of common sense seem to be over

OK, so was out in town at lunchtime today, when that downpour started which caused a mini-river in town.

As I needed some lunch, I hot-footed it into Boots.

Well, at least I tried to hot-foot it in. As the entrance was more or less completely blocked off by ignorant cretins who obviously have no conception that the space they are occupying is the way in and out of the building! Rain or not, either go outside and get wet, or stay in the main body of the building for a bit longer.

The way out was worse. I chose to exit via the non-automatic doors at the Alliance and Leicester end of Boots. I was met with three ladies completely blocking off the door for me to get out, stood there gawping at the rain.

Annoyed by this point as my dinner half-hour was evaporating fast, I said aloud "Would you mind not blocking the exit please"? The middle woman moved to the side, and allowed me out. However I heard her calling me a n*b after I walked past!

No madam, you are the n*b for blocking a fire escape and the route out of a building. Not all of us have time on our lunch break to gaze at the majesty of the British summer weather and wonder when there will be a break in the rain.

Just needed to get that out. :rant::rant::suspect:

Im surprised people still go to Sheffield City Centre is there anything left down there, last time i went down it was like a run down ghost town.

The worst ones are the dopy women who wave their umbrellas about at the first sign of rain and who don't care that they're in danger of poking other people's eyes out.

It's only water!

Or those that stand there with an umbrella... under a bus shetler.

WHY???????

Damo has a point. Either I run my live in a state of frantic urgency and run round town everywhere whilst everyone is quite normal, or everyone else is a thick as a plank, having no conception of their surroundings and thinking they are the only people in town.

Where do the Fargate chuggers go when it rains?

Or those that stand there with an umbrella... under a bus shetler.

WHY???????

Damo has a point. Either I run my live in a state of frantic urgency and run round town everywhere whilst everyone is quite normal, or everyone else is a thick as a plank, having no conception of their surroundings and thinking they are the only people in town.

I am the only person in town.

Where do the Fargate chuggers go when it rains?

To spend their £7.20 an hour in Greggs, judging by the Talk Talk gaggle I saw hanging outside the one next to the Bankers Draft one day last week - there were about 15 of them, pasties in hand, all ready to pounce on the unsuspecting public with their rubbish broadband and phone packages that you cant escape from.

At least they were not smoking. Some smokers seem to treat door ways as impromtu smoking shelters.

O my god......... I was one of those people blocking the doorway to topshop. It was throwing it down and there was no way i would attemp to try and walk out in rain like that. the rain only last a good 10 mins so top your ranting. I did attempt to run back to work when the rain slowed down but hey guess what (now this is going to get you really mad) i stop in every shop door on the way. :) there was not just me there was 3 of us. all girls and all screaming coz we was getting soaked. o the joys of the great british weather.

O my god......... I was one of those people blocking the doorway to topshop. It was throwing it down and there was no way i would attemp to try and walk out in rain like that. the rain only last a good 10 mins so top your ranting.

Whilst I agree with the OP that people shouldn't block the doors (you could just go stand inside) it's not exactly fair to have a go at people either. I saw how much rain was coming down out of my office window and I think I'd have been diving for the nearest doorway myself.

Plus most people aren't wearing coats or carrying brollies either so obviously they are going to head for the nearest shelter.

O my god......... I was one of those people blocking the doorway to topshop. It was throwing it down and there was no way i would attemp to try and walk out in rain like that. the rain only last a good 10 mins so top your ranting. I did attempt to run back to work when the rain slowed down but hey guess what (now this is going to get you really mad) i stop in every shop door on the way. :) there was not just me there was 3 of us. all girls and all screaming coz we was getting soaked. o the joys of the great british weather.
OY SHIFT FATTY :hihi::hihi: