God does NOT exist! (Part 3)

ok great , that means u were exist before ur birth but u wasn't a live!
No, I did not exist, I was quite explicit with that, I even said the sentence "I did not exist". It was the first part of my answer, you seem to've ignored it.

where will u go after u die ?
I will cease to exist but the matter that made up my body will still exist, it will rot and decompose and be converted into different matter.

i don't believe that man evolved from other species . but i believe that every thing was created to perform a function on the earth
What do you think the purpose might be for the smallpox virus for example?

by the way u should determine which way of discussions u want , do u just defend for ur ideas or search for the truth ?

I'm happy the way things are going, I answered your question and asked another, you answered mine and asked another, I've just done the same, let's just keep it going:)

That's right and today we see people who have unclean spirits locked up in jail, although unfortunately there are a lot still walking the streets "seeking who they may devour."

So are you saying that the real reason for crime is demonic possession?

They are just ordinary people who practise witchcraft. Why don't you do a google, although the genuine witches and warlocks you won't get to find anything about due to the secrecy. The ones who post on the internet are only playing at it.

Never has a truer word been spoken!

Thank you for the Times article on Karen Armstrong’s book Wildcat. It struck a chord with me and her analogy to music and art is a good one in-so-far as “we come out of the art gallery or concert hall enriched and braced, elevated and tranquil” and that is how I feel when I am in the presence of God. This is something we need to feel for ourselves and is as hard to describe as is the way we have been moved by the beautiful music. This is what people who do not know God find so hard to understand. I felt her mention of meditation was appropriate also for as the apostle Paul said,

“Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

We give our whole attention to the beautiful music in the concert hall or the picture on the wall, but we pay no attention to the word of God, and what can be better than meditating on things that are “noble, just, pure, and lovely” for surely they fill our hearts with joy.

She also hit the nail on the head when she spoke about the scientific triumphs of the 17th century, when people ceased to "practice" religion and instead replaced religion with a theory. This theory has been taken up by the modern "militant" atheists like Dawkins, Dennett, Hitchens and Harris who have not experienced the beautiful music and have replaced it with something of their own imagining of what religion is and it is this straw-man they present to the world. The modern atheist does not know the difference between real religion and their man-made strawman and are unable to discern truth from the error they preach about religion and in particular Christianity. However, thank the Lord, “real religion” as Karan Armstrong says “is serenely immune to their discovery that it is silly to talk of a divine architect.”

God bless.

Thank you for your considered response Grahame.

I would like to come back on the last paragraph.

Is it not just the atheists that have got religion wrong but many of the advocates of religion itself?

I think the clearest example of what I am getting at is the attempt by Creationists not just to seek to explain their understanding of God but to go beyond that in an attempt to prove his existence?

The step from an attempted explanation to proof is significant and in my opinion betrays the fundamental misunderstanding of what God means and stands for and the relationship that people have to religion.

Thank you for your considered response Grahame.

I would like to come back on the last paragraph.

Is it not just the atheists that have got religion wrong but many of the advocates of religion itself?

I think the clearest example of what I am getting at is the attempt by Creationists not just to seek to explain their understanding of God but to go beyond that in an attempt to prove his existence?

The step from an attempted explanation to proof is significant and in my opinion betrays the fundamental misunderstanding of what God means and stands for and the relationship that people have to religion.

I think I understand what you are saying? Are you saying that religion is for us today and how we live our lives and how we interact with other people and with God? Or do you leave God out altogether? If you do then that would be atheism wouldn't it?

I'm not sure what you mean.

Im a Muslim and i believe in The one and Only God.

I dont believe in jesus as God.

and I deff do not believe in the Theory of Evol :huh:

Hello there

Could I ask why you dont believe in the theory of evolution?

Is it because your religious contacts/teachers have told you, or is it a conclusion you have come to on your own?

ok great , that means u were exist before ur birth but u wasn't a live![/QUote]

No it does not. Where did you get that from and I am quoting Jimmy directly here:

"I did not exist, I was not alive, I wouldn't say dead"

where will u go after u die ?[/QUote]

Where will I go? Nowhere, my being ceases to exist when my cognitive brain function end and my blood stop moving.

Why do I have to go somewhere when I die? This notion of life after death seems purely a theistic one a means of expanding life beyond it's actual existence.

i don't believe that man evolved from other species.[/Quote]

Well you may not but science does.

but i believe that every thing was created to perform a function on the earth and then it's role ended and it extinct[/QUote]

To perform a function and what function would this be.

like the monkey who has a shape like human but with a tail ...etc[/Quote]

Right, and what function would this monkey serve as function implies purpose.

by the way u should determine which way of discussions u want , do u just defend for ur ideas or search for the truth ?

have a look there http://www.55a.net/firas/en1/

Pick a part from it and we will discuss.

You seem to have difficulty understanding English.

It'd help if you used simple English to answer a simple question.

Why do you find it so difficult to answer with a simple yes or no?

the fastest religion on this world spreading!

A bit like swine flu then?

Don't worry though, there's a cure on the horizon:D

I think I understand what you are saying? Are you saying that religion is for us today and how we live our lives and how we interact with other people and with God? Or do you leave God out altogether? If you do then that would be atheism wouldn't it?

I'm not sure what you mean.

It is hard to describe what I mean especially when what I am saying is that God and the relationship people have with God by its very essence is not something that can be pinned down directly.

Take for example what Paul says about the nature of God here:

"dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see" (1 Timothy 6:16)

What I am saying is that God is a part of the relationship we have with the world, but that God is not an anthropomorphic entity any more than art or morality are. They all exist and they can be described obliquely and even imperfectly defined with metaphors. In a sense God is about a way of looking, feeling and interacting, but that God and a sense of the divine is more than that. Essentially ineffable.

Edited by Wildcat

It is hard to describe what I mean especially when what I am saying is that God and the relationship people have with God by its very essence is not something that can be pinned down directly.

Take for example what Paul says about the nature of God here:

"dwelling in the light which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see" (1 Timothy 6:16)

What I am saying is that God is a part of the relationship we have with the world, but that God is not an anthropomorphic entity any more than art or morality are. They all exist and they can be described obliquely and even imperfectly defined with metaphors. In a sense God is about a way of looking, feeling and interacting, but that God and a sense of the divine is more than that. Essentially ineffable.

That's a good thought to hold in our minds Wildcat. :)

If it says so in the (insert your holy book here), then it must be true. If god didn't exist, the human race would have had to invent him. There was just too much distance between our minds and the cosmos. As science shrinks the distance, and the internet provides alternative arguments to challenge religious indoctrination and servitude of generations, religion will fade away.

and I deff do not believe in the Theory of Evol :huh:
Then you need to study biology further to find out why you're almost certainly wrong... Edited by [Matt]