God does NOT exist! (Part 3)

Hi,

I am new member. I am glad to meet you.

Thanks

hi dienthoaitot, glad to meet you too.

We do accept things we cannot see, but behind that acceptance is some form of logic and rationality, and not without question; that is how we begin to understand. For example, we thought (or were told) that the earth was flat, which on the face of it was plausible, we questioned it and found that it was round. We thought that the sun revolved around the earth, we questioned it, and found it to be the opposite.

The waterfall is the natural result of gravity and water taking its course, the painting a human art form. The former was never intended for our pleasure, the latter was.

The bible was always clear that the earth was not flat, but a spherical shape. Did you know that?

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

There certainly is Godly wisdom within the scriptures.

Well no, but I know how waterfalls are formed and like I said, it doesn't involve god.

Another good point is the watchmaker didn't just appear out of nothing. Who designed god?

And once you've answered that, who designed the thing that designed god?

etc. forever!

In short, a very poor argument, I expected better from someone offering bible classes (a bit silly of me really).

It was a simple illustration to try and get my point across.

When you marvel upon the wonders of the universe and how well balanced everything is, it would be reasonable to consider a grand designer and creator, would it not?

Consider water.

There is a vast expanse of it upon the earth, and yet if it wasn't wisely designed, it would not be able to hold life.

Why so?

When water freezes, instead of falling to the bottom, ICE will form on the top, to preserve the life underneath and work as an insulator.

Commenting in general on the validity of various scientific theories, science writer John Horgan observed: “When the evidence is tentative, we should not be embarrassed to call on common sense for guidance.”

Does it really make sense to claim that life came about simply by chance or through blind forces? Despite the widespread popularity of the theory of evolution, many intelligent people, including scientists, are convinced that there is an intelligent Creator. A science professor notes that the general public “overwhelmingly, and sensibly, thinks that life was designed.” Why so? Most people will readily agree with the apostle Paul’s statement: “Every house is constructed by someone.” (Hebrews 3:4) Then Paul continues with the logical conclusion: “He that constructed all things is God.” From the Bible’s viewpoint, it simply does not make sense to acknowledge that a house needs a designer and builder and at the same time claim that a complicated cell accidentally sprang into existence.

The Bible makes an observation regarding those who reject the existence of a Designer and Creator: “The senseless one has said in his heart: ‘There is no Jehovah.’” (Psalm 14:1) Here, the psalmist reproves those who have yet to be convinced. A person might be guided by personal opinion rather than by pure objectivity. On the other hand, the wise, discerning person humbly acknowledges the existence of a Creator.—Isaiah 45:18.

For many thinking individuals, the evidence that supports a Supreme Designer is unmistakable.

It was a simple illustration to try and get my point across.

When you marvel upon the wonders of the universe and how well balanced everything is, it would be reasonable to consider a grand designer and creator, would it not?

No, for it to be reasonable you would have to give a good reason, so far you have not.

Consider water.

There is a vast expanse of it upon the earth, and yet if it wasn't wisely designed, it would not be able to hold life..

There is no evidence that water was designed.

When water freezes, instead of falling to the bottom, ICE will form on the top, to preserve the life underneath and work as an insulator.

You're just guessing though, you have no Idea.

That is a weak argument because infinite regression does not exist.

If there was more than one God (i.e. one made the other etc..) then who is GOD?? Because if one made God then by default, HE has to be God....and so fourth.

David Hilbert, a famous mathematician states:

Logically if you look at it this way- if God made God and so fourth, then how did God make the Universe and everything else-He would not have had time as the endless chain of making Gods would be still happening....

This is all one big strawman, I do not subsribe to the view that god created the universe, and I only gave that example to point out the absolute idiocy of the argument from design.

God is not subject to cause and effect.
Why not? Because you say so? What an intellectually bankrupt sham of a cop out that i:rolleyes:

Without the dimension of time, there is no cause and effect, and all things that could exist in such a realm would have no need of being caused, but would have always existed. Therefore, God has no need of being created, but, in fact, created the time dimension of our universe specifically for a reason - so that cause and effect would exist for us.

You have absolutely no evidence for this conclusion, you had clearly reached it long before you made any observations and are now attempting to retrofit your observations to fit it but it doesn't work.

However, since God created time, cause and effect would never apply to His existence(as is common knowledge in scientific fields that time, space and matter came into existance from the Big Bang).
You are not allowed to use 'scientific consensus' as part of your argument Bazooka, lest you'd be forced to accept the theory of evolution, you big hypocrite.

Commenting in general on the validity of various scientific theories, science writer John Horgan observed: “When the evidence is tentative, we should not be embarrassed to call on common sense for guidance.”

Does it really make sense to claim that life came about simply by chance or through blind forces? Despite the widespread popularity of the theory of evolution, many intelligent people, including scientists, are convinced that there is an intelligent Creator. A science professor notes that the general public “overwhelmingly, and sensibly, thinks that life was designed.” Why so? Most people will readily agree with the apostle Paul’s statement: “Every house is constructed by someone.” (Hebrews 3:4) Then Paul continues with the logical conclusion: “He that constructed all things is God.” From the Bible’s viewpoint, it simply does not make sense to acknowledge that a house needs a designer and builder and at the same time claim that a complicated cell accidentally sprang into existence.

The Bible makes an observation regarding those who reject the existence of a Designer and Creator: “The senseless one has said in his heart: ‘There is no Jehovah.’” (Psalm 14:1) Here, the psalmist reproves those who have yet to be convinced. A person might be guided by personal opinion rather than by pure objectivity. On the other hand, the wise, discerning person humbly acknowledges the existence of a Creator.—Isaiah 45:18.

For many thinking individuals, the evidence that supports a Supreme Designer is unmistakable.

So, still no evidence then... forgive me if I don't believe you.

Also, truly great quoting there "A scientist said:" Priceless:hihi:

A Christian said "actually, now I think about it, God doesn't exist after all. I was totally wrong!"

Which would seem to pretty much prove the non-existence of God, at least in these circles.

The bible was always clear that the earth was not flat, but a spherical shape. Did you know that?

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

There certainly is Godly wisdom within the scriptures.

The writers of the books of the Old Testament were very intelligent scholars who where well aware of Greek and other non -Western scientific theories and incorporated such into their writings. As far as I am aware, science and technology has gained neither benefit nor infuence from anything written in these books, that was not their purpose. Wisdom there is in the scriptures-as there is in others.

Im a Muslim and i believe in The one and Only God.

I dont believe in jesus as God.

and I deff do not believe in the Theory of Evol :huh:

Does Islam not promote tolerance for other religions and beliefs?

A Christian said "actually, now I think about it, God doesn't exist after all. I was totally wrong!"

Which would seem to pretty much prove the non-existence of God, at least in these circles.

To do that I think you would have to prove that science knows everything there is to know, that there are no other dimensions either in time or space, you would need to be able to say with a certainty there is nothing intangible, and you would need to be able to explain about poltergeists and the like which the scientists deny. I sometimes feel science is like a ball and chain around the scientists mind, the key to which has been lost.

In the meantime the Bible rings true for me and every verse or passage has a message that is often so profound and deep that it brings a blessing to the hearts of those who read it and meditate on it.

However, I feel the Bible and its message is a little like the coconut and in order to get the nourishment of the milk and then the meat, first we need to realise there is something inside that is worth having which is not apparent from its outward appearance. We need to have faith that what is inside is good and wholesome and then we need to spend time studying how best to open up the secrets that feed the innermost depths of our hearts. With the coconut we need to open our mouth in order to taste, so to with the Word of God we have to open our hearts and minds to the spiritual truths than nourish the soul.

The atheist has done nothing of that and can never know what the journey of discovery holds unless they begin to take those first few steps and continue ever onwards. Without they do that they will never taste and see that the Lord is good. (Psalm34 verse 8)

Otherwise the atheist is like the theatre critic who cannot act and who has never trod the boards and everything the critic says is worthless, null and void because they know not of what they speak.

Edited by Grahame