Cheap reception venue - wedding with a shoe string budget!

My plans of a fantastic expensive wedding have gone out of the window!

as we might have to get married next year due to DF changing jobs...

I think the cheapest way of doing things would be to get married at the registry office and have pictures taken in the peace gardens.

Then have the wedding reception in some kind of community centre or church hall. most of the family live richmond handsworth area and we live gleadless valley, so this side of sheffield would be preferable.

dont mind getting married mid week, did have a look at bradfield village hall, as can book for evening but the pesky yoga people have booked thursday evenings very far in advance.

can anyone recommend somewhere that will accept outside caterers, that has nice outside space as I am planning on feeding our guests a bbq, that is cheap but nice???

yes I know I dont want much, but we will not even be having a honey moon because we don't want to get into debt to get married.

thanks!

we held our reception at wadsley house,the drive, hillsborough fantastic venue private members bowling club was 5yrs back but the whole downstairs bar area (staffed) dance floor, seating and grounds £75 they did insist on their dj £100 but we had our own band aswell so he didn't do much, we did have their buffet which was reasonable not sure about bbq but still would recommend heartily great place

any more suggestions folks??

do like bradfield village hall but think it too sadly will be out of our price range :(

no suggestions, but believe me a budget wedding can be just as good!

I like the idea of using a park for a reception venue, and asking everyone to bring a picnic :)

However, then you're relying on good ol' British weather!

hi i know this may not be of much help but we are having our reception at city limits they allow you to have any caterer you desire however they do recommend hazels catering and the menus are very good prices. depending on number of guests room hire for us 570 as we are going for the largest room.

we live in richmond and wanted somewhere close by i moved back here in febauary and have been looking ever since with no look so we decided closer to town as we getting married at the botanical gardens.

i wish you luck and i will keep my eyes and ears peeled incase i see anything that might be suitable

whats city limits? I googled and it come up with a dance wear stockists?

btw are you joy that used to go city school if so, i used to go school with you lol