Sign in to follow this  

'Big Brother' plan to catch rowdy pupils

Extract from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2795047.stm

Manchester City Council has applied for a government grant to install the cameras in five schools.

It says the camera footage would be an eye-opener for some parents who did not believe what their children got up to.

About time to... I can't think of any reason not to have the cameras, unless the money for them is being taken away from another area of the school.

Your opinions?

They should try introducing that in some of the Sheffield schools. It only takes one fool in the lesson to ruin it for the rest of us. I've found that in my school, there are some of us that want to get on no matter what(minority), some of us that would get on if we had no distractions(majority), and one or two that want to be idiots. If we had the cash to have cctv camera's in classrooms, I'm sure that grades would go up, teachers would be less stressed with annoying pupils and the overall atmosphere would be so much nicer!

Originally posted by "geoffbowen"

Extract from: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/2795047.stm

Manchester City Council has applied for a government grant to install the cameras in five schools.

It says the camera footage would be an eye-opener for some parents who did not believe what their children got up to.

About time to... I can't think of any reason not to have the cameras, unless the money for them is being taken away from another area of the school.

Your opinions?

It sounds like the idea could work in theory but it could cost an awful lot of money and eat into every schools budget. I mean, is someone going to be monitoring these camera or are they just going to be recording on a loop system? My first thought is that these were been installed for teacher safety given the rising attacks on teachers by pupils.

Why don't the powers that be go back to the old ways and re-introduce disipline in our schools. In the old days we had the cane if we didn't behave and believe me it worked. These do gooders are bent on keeping punishment out of schools altogether, same in the home parents are not allowed to correct their own children!

This method doesnt work, these yobos are not going to behave unless they are forced and handling them with kid gloves is bound to fail. Why not abolish punishment alltogether, close the prisons, disband the courts and police force it is only just as daft. get real, get tough its the only way!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

Originally posted by "halevan"

Why don't the powers that be go back to the old ways and re-introduce disipline in our schools. In the old days we had the cane if we didn't behave and believe me it worked. These do gooders are bent on keeping punishment out of schools altogether, same in the home parents are not allowed to correct their own children!

This method doesnt work, these yobos are not going to behave unless they are forced and handling them with kid gloves is bound to fail. Why not abolish punishment alltogether, close the prisons, disband the courts and police force it is only just as daft. get real, get tough its the only way!!!!!! :evil::evil::evil:

I think the cane used to be pretty good deterrant for any trouble makers within school. I reckong once you had that you didn't want it ever again.

Cheers Lickszz good on yer!!! :):):)

what if pupils wana pick thier nose? thats not exactly private stuff!

Did they get the grant accepted in the end?

Not sure but we have many and they do work. Once people got caught doing wrong, and word got around, general tomfoolery dropped immensely.