Early morning power tools

Friday night out. Pretty typical getting to bed around 2 am Saturday morning.

Unfortunately at around 7.40 my sleep was disturbed by gardeners attending a neighbour. The hangover didn't help.

Hedge trimmers and power mowers at that time in the morning was pretty annoying and half an hour later it was joined by a builders disc cutter.

From what time do you think it should be acceptable to use power tools outdoors?

My opinion is

weekdays after 8.30 am

Saturday 9.00 am

Sunday 9.30 am.

Any comments.

Stop getting drunk then you wouldnt have a hangover and so it wouldnt be such a big deal.

You alcos disgust me :lol:

weekdays after 8.30 am

Saturday 9.00 am

Sunday 9.30 am.

Any comments.

I'd agree. It's well annoying when you want a sleep in. :rant:

sorry mate but some gardeners and builders have to work weekends and the last thing they want is not to be able to work because somebody has had a late night out.When I was in the job 8 am was considered a reasonable time for workmen to start whether it be a weekday or weekend

7.00am - 7.30ish on a weekday and maybe 8.00am - 9.00am weekends, I've always worked in the constuction industry and where possible in residential areas I've always tried to be as sympathetic and reasonable as possible and tried to get the quieter jobs done first but its not always possible. But I do accept the other side of the arguement as I did regular nights at one time and trying to get any sleep especially on days like we've had recently when everyones out and about in their gardens is impossible.

The next time you go out on a Fri send a letter to you neighbours explaining that your going out on the **** and would they not make any noisy the following morning,they must muzzle their dogs to stop them barking and gag the kids from shouting,inform the fire brigade,police and ambulance services not to sound their siren when attending an emergency for fear of waking you up from your drunken stuper,i think that should do it.

Having worked shifts for 30 years I can tell you there isn’t a right time for someone to cut the grass outside your window when you have just done a 12 hour night shift, get some ear plugs that’s what I did.

What about the alternative, neighbours doing diy at night between 11pm and 12am when you are trying to get some sleep as you are on earlies the next morning.

I have always found that "ladies" always like my early morning power tool. It does keep them awake for quite a while but when I turn it off they sleep like a baby.