Water bills- do they charge more if you live in a "posher" area??

We have kept ridiculous water bills- and I guarantee you we don't use that much at all.

We live in S11. £120 for 3 months.

What do you guys pay on average by area??

Are you talking charges from a water meter or water rates?

I'm in S11, also, and I only pay about £20 per month on my water meter.

The bigger the house, the higher the rateable value, the higher your water rates will be. (If your house is pre-1991, post-1991 properties automatically have a meter)

Yyou'd be surprised at how much water you actually get through in a day!

We live in a 2 bedroom flat though.

We live in a 2 bedroom flat though.

It does seem high for rateable or metered water. If they are the rates request a meter, if it is a meter look into getting it fixed or something cos thats mad. I pay £20 a month metered, and get half my money back every six months when the meter is read. I must admit we are careful with water but the £20 a month was an estimate Direct Debit set up by Yorkshire Water for my water, and designed to be more than two people in a three bed flat would actually use.

Free water meter and £9 a month

Just had my Annual Statement from Yorkshire Water. I live in Lodge Moor and am on a meter (which in itself has saved us loads).

My adjusted monthly payments are to be increased from £35 to £41 which I still don't think is too bad. Some of that adjustment is to claw back money from the previous two years.

We are a family of four whose dishwasher and washing machine are on the go constantly, along with numerous toilet flushes throughout the day!!

3 bed terraced - s4, £230 per year.

Our water is metered!

Well I would query it then - your paying for enough water for six people I reckon. Either your meter is broken or you havent ever had it read so they are conning you with high estimates. Speak to YW and find out why and what you can do about it

When we used to live in a flat the water bill was more expensive than my sisters who lives in a much bigger property so not sure how that works.

Well I would query it then - your paying for enough water for six people I reckon. Either your meter is broken or you havent ever had it read so they are conning you with high estimates. Speak to YW and find out why and what you can do about it

Sadly, none of these 2 apply! We have had a new meter fitted about 6 months ago and they do come in for the readings!

My wife and I live in a smallish 3 bed semi, no dishwasher but a few loads of washing every week, and our last quarterly bill was £25 for the water meter!