Hanging Basket Theft in Ecclesfield

On Wednesday morning my son in law left for work at 6am & noticed the hanging baskets from either side of their front door were missing :( Bout 10am me n my daughter were on a mission, after we discovered flowers from the baskets leading a trail across the road! We did manage to follow the trail & found the two baskets hanging on brackets beside the door of a bungalow a few streets away :evil: We unhooked them & let the resident know (in no uncertain terms) that we were taking back our property. She admitted taking them whilst drunk. I know it's only plants but it's the principle. Just wanted everyone to be aware. The baskets are now secured on the brackets & are recovering with a little TLC :)

Big cable ties is the answer, sad but true. Cable tie the chain to the bracket and then they can't walk (easily). Glad you got them back and shame on a neighbour for stealing them.

Meanwhile in Broomhall, someone has been shot in the street.

Time for a tiny bit of perspective, eh?

Sad as it is what happened in Broomhall the world has not stopped turning and we are allowed to discuss other things. :rolleyes:

Who rattled your cage :loopy:

This is the Sheffield Forum aint it? ? It's not changed its name to "Breaking News in Sheffield Forum" has it.

Time for someone to relax and stop trying to nit pick.

I can't believe she admitted to takin' 'em but I admire her honesty, as she could have blagged that someone had sold them to her on the doorstep.

Who rattled your cage :loopy:

Nothing has.

Its just with the way you word it, and with the angry faces, you would think the same person broke into the nursing home and attacked your 90 year old elderly granny with an iron bar and stole her pension.

Its a hanging basket, ffs.

Correction, plural: hanging baskets.

Sarcasm isn't actually that funny when you use it as much as you do. In fact, some people might think you're a bit of an arse.

Back on topic. I can't believe someone actually did this. Leaving a trail of soil behind was a bit of a giveaway though wasn't it? Was it Little Red Riding Hood who left a trail of crumbs in the woods? :hihi:

At least they were returned to their rightful owner anyhow, despite the fact you had to go and get them yourself.

What a sad state we're in when ya can't even hang flowers outside without some scrote nicking them. She must have been really embarassed when you confronted her!

I can't believe someone actually did this

So you are telling me, hand on your heart, you have never done anything drunk that you would not normally do sober?

So you are telling me, hand on your heart, you have never done anything drunk that you would not normally do sober?

Lots of things, but none that involved nicking stuff or taking anything that wasn't mine.

I also suspect this was perhaps somewhat pre-meditated. If I woke up one morning to discover two hanging baskets that had suddenly appeared overnight (on brackets that had suddenly materialised from nowhere) and a trail of soil that led me to where they came from, I think I'd have the decency to return them.

Lots of things, but none that involved nicking stuff or taking anything that wasn't mine.

I also suspect this was perhaps somewhat pre-meditated. If I woke up one morning to discover two hanging baskets that had suddenly appeared overnight (on brackets that had suddenly materialised from nowhere) and a trail of soil that led me to where they came from, I think I'd have the decency to return them.

Have you considered that it was "around 10am" (according to the OP) and that if they had a skinful the night before, they might still be in bed at that time and had not noticed they had stolen two hanging baskets under the intoxication of alcohol?

Possible, eh?

Furthermore, even if they did awake and find they had stolen two hanging baskets, they may not have remembered where they came from.

Have you considered that it was "around 10am" (according to the OP) and that if they had a skinful the night before, they might still be in bed at that time and had not noticed they had stolen two hanging baskets under the intoxication of alcohol?

Possible, eh?

Furthermore, even if they did awake and find they had stolen two hanging baskets, they may not have remembered where they came from.

Surely the soil trails work both ways :rolleyes: