Retford Market

Anyone know when Retford market takes place? I think, and only think, it's a Friday. Also, anyone know whereabouts in Retford the market is and if it's easy to find?

TIA

Anyone know when Retford market takes place? I think, and only think, it's a Friday. Also, anyone know whereabouts in Retford the market is and if it's easy to find?

TIA

It's bang in the middle of the town centre - they have a smaller version of the stone market square that Chesterfield and Mansfield have - Woolworths used to face onto the square, there's a Barclays bank on the other side and a load of pubs... Thursday always used to be a great market there - more recently went on a saturday and the prices for fish etc were amazingly low!!!

That's great, thanks. It's actually the antique market I'm after. Does this market take place in the market square?

yeah - all the markets are in the same place...

Yep, Friday's definitely the day for antiques/bric a brac and so on. Usually a fair amount of railwayiana if you're into that sort of thing.