Report, view, or discuss local problems

(like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting)

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Sheffield City Council,

90 new problems recently reported,

http://www.fixmystreet.com/reports

I used this site last week to report a dangerous pothole, within a week it had been marked up with yellow paint and subsequently filled in.

Well done Sheffield City Council.

I use this site as well.

It's just a shame that a lot of the things reported are ignored.

They normally fix things like broken paving slabs and potholes, like you say, quite quickly. I think this is probably more to do with the fact that people will put in a claim for compo pretty quickly if they injure themselves.

Is there any reason why you use fixmystreet in preference to making direct contact with StreetForce or other relevant Council department?

Is there any reason why you use fixmystreet in preference to making direct contact with StreetForce or other relevant Council department?

I use it because sometimes you don't know who is actually responsible for certain things. StreetForce and the Council don't cover all areas.

Also, I personally believe that by using a website such as fixmystreet, there is a slightly better chance of having something resolved. The site emails you about four weeks later asking if there has been a resolution to the problem. You can then post an update.

I would hope that organisations would be more inclined to resolve problems reported on the site, knowing that the original poster might post back saying nothing had been done.

Also, I like using it, because before reporting a problem, I can enter my postcode and see if any other people in my area have reported the same thing.

At the end of the day, after reporting it, the website just sends it directly to the council, but at least it then leaves a record on the internet for other people to see.

That's why I would rather report it through fixmystreet than directly to the council.

I use it because sometimes you don't know who is actually responsible for certain things. StreetForce and the Council don't cover all areas.

Also, I personally believe that by using a website such as fixmystreet, there is a slightly better chance of having something resolved. The site emails you about four weeks later asking if there has been a resolution to the problem. You can then post an update.

I would hope that organisations would be more inclined to resolve problems reported on the site, knowing that the original poster might post back saying nothing had been done.

Also, I like using it, because before reporting a problem, I can enter my postcode and see if any other people in my area have reported the same thing.

At the end of the day, after reporting it, the website just sends it directly to the council, but at least it then leaves a record on the internet for other people to see.

That's why I would rather report it through fixmystreet than directly to the council.

My reasons for using FixMyStreet too.

I live in a complex owned by Sheffield Homes, so any problems with that, I ring the Housing Office, but for things like streetlights, paving, graffitti etc, it's excellent as FixMyStreet ensures the message gets through to the right people ASAP, and as mentioned, you can quickly see if the problem has already been reported.

Is there any reason not to use fixmystreet when it works?

Is there any reason not to use fixmystreet when it works?

No evidence of that.

No evidence of that.

DOH!

In case you missed my first post...

Report, view, or discuss local problems

(like graffiti, fly tipping, broken paving slabs, or street lighting)

http://www.fixmystreet.com/

Sheffield City Council,

90 new problems recently reported,

http://www.fixmystreet.com/reports

I used this site last week to report a dangerous pothole, within a week it had been marked up with yellow paint and subsequently filled in.

Well done Sheffield City Council.

No matter what size font that you choose, you have shown no evidence that anyone actually responded to anything that you specifically reported on fixmystreet.

It could have been reported earlier, by someone else.

It could have been the result of a regular inspection.

Direct communication with StreetForce can often result in replies that will let you know what was actually going on.

No matter what size font that you choose, you have shown no evidence that anyone actually responded to anything that you specifically reported on fixmystreet.

It could have been reported earlier, by someone else.

It could have been the result of a regular inspection.

Direct communication with StreetForce can often result in replies that will let you know what was actually going on.

As I said before, at least by using Fixmystreet, you can see if anyone actually has reported it there before. The more people that use it, the better. Unless StreetForce start an online record of what has been reported, I prefer Fixmystreet.

Also, I've had replies letting me know what is going on from StreetForce, even though I reported it through Fixmystreet.

As it happened, the problem I reported wasn't covered by StreetForce, but Parks and Countryside, so they forwarded the problem on to them on my behalf.

I still think that I would prefer to report through Fixmystreet than directly to the council.

I still think that I would prefer to report through Fixmystreet than directly to the council.

Totally agree with that - I've used it a number of times in Killamarsh and stuff seems to get sorted. Plus you don't even have to be a resident in the area to report any problems you find - they locate the relevant authority and post the complaint.

There's some pretty bad road issues on my way to work but I dont live in Sheffield and as already said above you can see if the problem has already been reported on line and very quickly - do Streetforce have that information if you ring up?

i've reported some worn out road surfaces and graffiti and it was sorted within a week via fix my street. works very well.