Crookes valley lake drowning

How do you do the thing when one puts Here, please ?

A particular person has been having a go at me, and I would like to reciprocate, in Spades.

Many thanks.

I don't want to mess this Topic up by adding instructions,

so will PM you with help as soon as the PM facility is back & working.

M&P

how do you reply to freds on ere

What are 'freds'?

To reply to a 'Post' click on the 'quote button' that's displayed at the

bottom of the posts.

If you want to reply to 'fred' send him a PM.

M&P ;)

hi everyone, just to say the girl tht drowned in tha lake was my aunt so no its not an old wives tale and yea she was 15 at the time of her death for people who like to speculate

Edited by toyah

Just slightly off the subject of the drowning does anyone know the tails about the tunnels that drain the boating lake apparently during the war the tunnels were used as air raid shelters I worked for the council on the sewer section and we inspected the tunnels on a regular basis also I remember a story about a tramp being found dead on the slopes in the park and he had a tin box in his pocket containing quite a bit of cash can anyone put a bit of light on both subjects.

I believe that was my Dad!

I think more than one person has drowned here. I can remember a park keeper telling me that one day a mans body just popped up out of the water. I believe it was a suicide.

the park keeper ?

No the man who drowned. 1978

Just slightly off the subject of the drowning does anyone know the tails about the tunnels that drain the boating lake apparently during the war the tunnels were used as air raid shelters I worked for the council on the sewer section and we inspected the tunnels on a regular basis also I remember a story about a tramp being found dead on the slopes in the park and he had a tin box in his pocket containing quite a bit of cash can anyone put a bit of light on both subjects.

Were there nearby houses that used them or do you think it was just for passers-by during a raid?

Were there nearby houses that used them or do you think it was just for passers-by during a raid?

Sorry it's taken so long to reply canute I was led to believe that the tunnels were used by the then hospital which was situated just across the road opposite the entrance to western park I have forgotten the name of the hospital so if anyone can put a light on that it would be much appreciated.

Sorry it's taken so long to reply canute I was led to believe that the tunnels were used by the then hospital which was situated just across the road opposite the entrance to western park I have forgotten the name of the hospital so if anyone can put a light on that it would be much appreciated.

Was it St George's?