The Warehouse Project moving to Sheffield?

Has anyone seen or heard anything about the WHP moving to Sheffield?

Sounds unlikely! Why on earth would they want to move it here?? :huh:

It isn't. Its the rather cool and groovy Metcalfe brothers' new project. 12 parties beginning in October and finishing on NYE encompassing house, electro, dubstep, DnB and techno. Theres more details on facebook, look for the "Steel City Experiment"

Now the important bit.

If this is successful and god knows it deserves to be then it can only be good for sheffield. Therefore its important to support it.

Also. Its going to be a long difficult summer. Theres always a dip when the students go but this year monies tight and so on so its very important to support the nights you like. No matter what that night is get out there as often as you can and support it because if you don't it will be gone and you'll moan about it.

I wish the Metcalf's all the best with this. Having worked with them before, you couldn't ask for a nicer set of owners.

If the line-ups and organisation are solid, this could be something really special.

I wish the Metcalf's all the best with this. Having worked with them before, you couldn't ask for a nicer set of owners.

If the line-ups and organisation are solid, this could be something really special.

Well I hope we can look forward to the same kind of line ups they have over in Manchester. It will be amazing to see that calibre of DJ over this side of the peaks.

I'd love to see nights like Cadenza or Cocoon in Sheffield too.

I agree. I also like the fact that they're not just puching house and electro but techno and dubstep get a look in

This is indeed very exciting news. I look forward to hearing the lineups. I sincerely hope people support this venture. I'll certainly be checking out the house and techno nights. Any word on who the residents will be? I know of lots of house and electro DJ's in Sheffield, not sure about techno and dubstep though.

I'm meeting with them next week so I'll try and dig out some information...

It isn't. Its the rather cool and groovy Metcalfe brothers' new project.

Purleeease! Get a room! If you can dislodge yourself from their bum you might be able to go yourself! ;)

Seriously though, that's one big warehouse, looks about the same size as the one Tribal did their warehouse parties in. They had three rooms featuring folks like Sneak vs Carter (B2B), Jeff Mills, Deep Dish, Groove Armada, Laurent Garnier, Scratch Perverts & Grooverider all on one night...my point being it's gonna take some mighty line-ups to fill somewhere like that. Good luck to them, I shall wait and watch with interest.

What happened to Redroom anyway?

What happened to Redroom anyway?

Someone else is taking on the lease as I understand it. No idea who though, or what it will become.

It isn't. Its the rather cool and groovy Metcalfe brothers' new project. 12 parties beginning in October and finishing on NYE encompassing house, electro, dubstep, DnB and techno. Theres more details on facebook, look for the "Steel City Experiment"

Now the important bit.

If this is successful and god knows it deserves to be then it can only be good for sheffield. Therefore its important to support it.

Also. Its going to be a long difficult summer. Theres always a dip when the students go but this year monies tight and so on so its very important to support the nights you like. No matter what that night is get out there as often as you can and support it because if you don't it will be gone and you'll moan about it.

Hardly 'a dip', the place shuts down over summer. If there was something to support, I'm sure people would! But somehow the assumption is that anyone who goes out in sheffield is a student. I'm not here this summer but it's been annoying for the past few years I've lived here all year round.

Purleeease! Get a room! If you can dislodge yourself from their bum you might be able to go yourself! ;)
Terribly sorry Chris. I just happen to think this night will be real and proper. I wouldn't want to be seen to be regularly plugging a night. Or calling it real and proper. I just want to be just like you. You know, real and proper;) Edited by discodown