Tomato Blight - should I destroy?

Can anyone tell me if I need to destroy plants which have been struck down with tomato blight? They are greenhouse grown and I have noticed that all of them seem to have early signs of the disease. Should I destroy them and put it down to bad luck and experience or keep on looking after them in the hope that I will get crop. Some fruits have already set and they have no signs of disease. It's just the leaves. Thanks!

take off the infected leaves and destroy it may just need magnesium if its just discolouration of the leaves if there mouldy then that's due to dead matter being left it the green house clean it out and persist.

:)

Agree with above it may not be blight, still a bit early in the year. One way to prevent it in the G/H is to make sure your plants are not too close together.

How do you know if they have this disease?

I am trying to grow some tomatoes for the first time and a couple of them are looking a little unhealthy.

How do you know if they have this disease?

I am trying to grow some tomatoes for the first time and a couple of them are looking a little unhealthy.

What looks unhealthy the fruits, or the leaves? What about new growth? TBH the older my toms get the more 'battered' they look, its often how they go as they start putting energy into creating fruits.

I have grown outdoor tomatoes for over 30 yrs and this year my crop has late blight, thought it was the first frost last week, so brought the fruits in, luckily binned all stalks. But yes it's blight and all fruit turning steadily brown, apart from 2 plants that I had at the other end of garden, 13 other plants scrapped.

anyone else had this problem, I've never had this before.

i will plant in diff location next year and get blight resistant seeds. 

The wet weather of the last 3 weeks or so has wrecked my outdoor tomato crop. If the toms get wet and then don't dry out they will almost certainly get blight. There are a few things you can do:

1: remove leaves near the ground or that contact the ground.

2: stake the plants up high

3: don't plant them too close together

but having done all that, as I have done, if they get wet and stay wet, then it is almost inevitable... in my experience. Once it starts there is not much chance if it not spreading.

Destroy the infected plants and fruits, do not put them on the compost as it will return. Try to avoid growing the same crops in the same place.

If some plants show it, pick the toms green and make chutney, the fruits won't make it to "red" without being infected.

Richard

Thanks for that, as I expected, all toms now binned, they all steadily turned brown in areas,. Oh well, let's hope we get better weather next year.