Michael Jackson ticket refund

I can't fault the promoter really, they've already dished out thousands on advertising and no doubt merchandise plus contracts will still have to be honoured along the way - it's a good way to try to retain some of the money.

I expect in 20 years time these tickets will be worth a lot more than the value they stand at today for the serious collectors out there. I guess it's down to how much you'll miss the money and if you really want it back.

I can't fault the promoter really, they've already dished out thousands on advertising and no doubt merchandise plus contracts will still have to be honoured along the way - it's a good way to try to retain some of the money.

They will be insured for this event, even more so when you think Michael would never have lasted all 50 shows. Insurance against a performance is quite big business really, when you think about the money moving hands before he's even taken to the stage.

They will be insured for this event, even more so when you think Michael would never have lasted all 50 shows. Insurance against a performance is quite big business really, when you think about the money moving hands before he's even taken to the stage.

I'm sure that I read somewhere that they could only get insurance cover for about 60% of it?

Edit:

Looks like it was much less than that:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/2009/06/26/michael-jackson-gig-promoters-couldn-t-afford-to-insure-02-concerts-86908-21473424/

Edited by cgksheff

They were stupid to go ahead with it then. I'm not suprised they couldn't get insurance, the odds on him completing all 50 shows were 1-in-a-million anyway. Not even factoring in he so was pilled up his heart popped. I guess this information shows why they're selling off pieces of paper for £75 then.

They were stupid to go ahead with it then. I'm not suprised they couldn't get insurance, the odds on him completing all 50 shows were 1-in-a-million anyway. Not even factoring in he so was pilled up his heart popped. I guess this information shows why they're selling off pieces of paper for £75 then.

This is so true. The whole thing was basically a farce. How he persuaded anyone to let him do this was simply beyond belief.

I cant believe that people are gullible enough to hold on to tickets or not get refunds.

The only people pushing this are the promotors.

Although Jackson was a reasonable artist he was and never will be an icon like Elvis so the tickets will be worthless in a few years.

Get your money back fools.