Michael Jackson ticket refund

I had to read this twice, wouldn't they have the choice of keeping their tickets anyway and applying for a credit card refund?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8125515.stm

"Since he loved his fans in life, it is incumbent upon us to treat them with the same reverence and respect after his death."

By selling them a piece of paper for £75? :huh:

no tickets have been sent out yet so all people have got are confirmations.

I think its a pretty shrewd move my the concert promoters- aolt of people will go for the plaques simply for the re-sale value in the states.

I think its a pretty shrewd move my the concert promoters- aolt of people will go for the plaques simply for the re-sale value in the states.

I don't think they'll be worth all that much - technically they could probably print 800,000 of them and sell off the unwanted ones, while still sticking to their promise of not printing any more.

i don't- it might be a gamble, i have got 6 tickets so i think i will get a refund on 4 of them and play the long game with the other 2- you never know in 5 or 10 years it might be worth something.

Sounds like a cynical ploy to keep hold of a lot of money.

Plenty of numpties will be only too happy to give AEG the 75 quid for a piece of holographic tat, if the 'superfans' on GMTV this morning are anything to go by.

Especially seeing as apparently Michael himself designed the souvenirs (Can you smell something?...)

i don't- it might be a gamble, i have got 6 tickets so i think i will get a refund on 4 of them and play the long game with the other 2- you never know in 5 or 10 years it might be worth something.

FWIW, my Nirvana tickets for their cancelled 1994 UK tour are worth diddly squat, although obviously Michael Jackson was a lot bigger than Kurt Cobain.

I was actually asked by someone on Friday if they could buy my ticket from me, so I'm thinking that maybe it would be worth keeping a couple back. Who knows, it might buy me a couple of tickets to Take That's next concert :banana:

We were gonna see him on tour but were replying on a couple fo e-bay specials...

If we had of got tickets then I think we would have applied for refund on 1 and had the souvenir on the other.

At the end of the day its a money making scheme thought up by the promoter so they dont lose the money (its just they dress it up as wanting to give souvenirs)

If I had gone to the trouble of getting a ticket I would definitely be hanging on to it

How did you get on with the ones you sold on ebay?