Someone with loadsa money PLEASE open a gay bar in Sheffield!!

Originally posted by richynomates

Turning a bar gay is what we did when I lived in north Wales - and it worked a treat, until the rather slow landlady got wise to it. I was turned away at the door for the hideous crime of having bleached blonde hair and Buffalo boots on!! the sign on the door said "no bum boys allowed"

looking back, I guess she had a right to turn such a mess away, but at the time, it was quite cool.

The bar then closed down about 2 months later, and we continued to travel to England in search of a scene....

Visions of richynomates dressed up like Daffyd from Little Brittain...:rolleyes::D

EDIT: On a more serious note, i would love to see a decent gay bar open in sheffield. Im not one for all this club business...i prefer to sit and have a drink, and a laugh with my mates, while looking at all the pretty boys....

what night would be preferable........?

Originally posted by bigjay

what night would be preferable........?

In answer to the original thread of opening a gaybar - all week long!! but in answer to the diverted topic "turning a bar gay" - i guess a Thursday, as it's nearly the weekend.

And in reply to Avalon wanting to sit and look at pretty boys, I found that All Bar One after work tends to fulfill that one people just being people - and no danger of anyone being dressed like Dafydd!

i only ask as a friend of mine is thinking about having a gay night on a fri at his venue.......! just wondering if this would go down well.......

Originally posted by richynomates

In answer to the original thread of opening a gaybar - all week long!! but in answer to the diverted topic "turning a bar gay" - i guess a Thursday, as it's nearly the weekend.

And in reply to Avalon wanting to sit and look at pretty boys, I found that All Bar One after work tends to fulfill that one people just being people - and no danger of anyone being dressed like Dafydd!

Phew! No Daffy'ds!

I couldt go on my own thou...and i am in leeds all week...perhaps we could have a "gay forum meet" in Leeds!?

That would be cool lol!

Thurdays nights are by far the best in Leeds, discovered this really chilled out very gay friendly bar just around the corner from the Corn Exchange called Jakes Bar, it has the most extensive range of drinks I have ever seen and the entire place is candlelit.

Then we move on to the courtyard and onto HOMO at Mission which is a fab night and dead cheap £1.50 drinks all night until 3am if you can handle it:D

so a thurs night would be ok then......?

Originally posted by skyfitsboy

That would be cool lol!

Thurdays nights are by far the best in Leeds, discovered this really chilled out very gay friendly bar just around the corner from the Corn Exchange called Jakes Bar, it has the most extensive range of drinks I have ever seen and the entire place is candlelit.

Then we move on to the courtyard and onto HOMO at Mission which is a fab night and dead cheap £1.50 drinks all night until 3am if you can handle it:D

Ill have to check that place out...i dunno where the Corn Exchange is though...and i canner go on my own..im a scardy pants!! :help::sad:

Originally posted by Tony45

Try my local http://www.ruskins.com

Your local? You sure it's not your bar? Only 7 posts in the 2 months you have been registered and all of them refer to Ruskins and promote it :confused::heyhey:

Now that ClubXs has been destroyed see here the only full-time gay club in Sheffield is Dempseys!:thumbsup:

The health of the gay scene in Sheffield has never been in such a bad condition, we need a new gay club in the city centre really bad!!

Originally posted by peter41

So thankfully dumpseys isnt the only one left.

I don't know whether to cheer or cry. :confused: