Neighbour fills my bin a day after bin day, but it gets worse!

I’m a bit annoyed to say the least. On Thursday it is bin day in my part of Sheffield and our bin was emptied. I moved the bin back to where it usually stays and by the next morning it is full to the point the lid will not close. It seems our neighbour may have moved out and has used our bin to put some of their rubbish. Their bin is out in the street again already full.

Initially I was annoyed but thought, ho hum, I’ll move the bags into the recently emptied blue bin until the black bin is emptied again and I can refill with my own rubbish, but today, looking in the blue bin, they have filled that too. But this is the worst bit, they have filled it with normal loose rubbish!

Now I have nowhere to put my rubbish and the blue bin is full of plastic, tin cans and who knows what else!

Some people are just utter gits it would seem with no care in the world for others. These are the same people who used to leave their bin in the street for weeks at a time.

Should I take the rubbish and throw it onto their backyard and leave it to their landlord to clear up (hopefully charging them for his inconvenience) or is there any way I can ask the council to come and take away the rubbish?

I would try and catch them on cctv or on camera putting rubbish in your bin, then send them a letter saying you have photographic evidence they are doing it and if they dont stop you will charge them for disposing of their rubbish.

Either that or just dump all their rubbish on their porch.

I would try and catch them on cctv or on camera putting rubbish in your bin, then send them a letter saying you have photographic evidence they are doing it and if they dont stop you will charge them for disposing of their rubbish.

Either that or just dump all their rubbish on their porch.

They have moved out. This is a one off thing, and I think they have gone. All I can think of doing is dump the rubbish by their backdoor and leave it for the landlord to deal with.

Sounds like a plan :thumbsup:

I can't believe how cheaky some people are...:rant:

If it's such an inconvenience that you can't leave it in your bin till bin day, why don't you make sure it's bagged up and leave it on their back doorstep until next bin day when you can throw it away?

They have moved out. This is a one off thing, and I think they have gone. All I can think of doing is dump the rubbish by their backdoor and leave it for the landlord to deal with.

you could but with our legal system etc they would probably say you was in the wrong:mad:

dump the rubbish by their backdoor and leave it for the landlord to deal with.he will then charge them with clearing it up, or find were they have moved to and dump it on there door step

Shove it through their letterbox.

I'd find that a bit annoying to say the least but as they've now left I'd probably just invest in a few heavy duty black bin liners and transfer the rubbish into them and then get rid of it over a few weeks.

I do remember once helping a friend dispose of a lot of old household clutter, I'd wait till bin day and then when all the bins were lined up on the pavement I'd go around and cram a few more bits in. My friend then notice one of the owners simply dump the stuff out again at the kerbside not that they then put more of their rubbish in.

As its a one off, let it slide, life's too short to worry about rubbish :thumbsup:

Well we do have a system on our road, that's when it's bin day, if your own is full, you can use your neighbours bin if there is plenty of room left in it.