Gas Safe Registered Plumber Wanted

welcome des to the mad house .. :)

you took the words right out of my mouth......although its been a bit more quieter of late

Hi

I am wanting a quote from a gas safe registered plumber to disconnect me a gas cooker. (Ridgeway Road / Manor top area)

Could you PM quotes please?

Thanks in advance

i have now had this done

mods can you please close this topic

We've just spent nearly all our money on a second hand gas cooker and then realised we had no one to connect it :( can anyone out there do it cheap nd quick as im dieing to have a proper meal i wil throw in free cup of teas and biscuits ;)

thanks

The Corgi scheme no longer exists, so I've changed the thread title to include the new scheme name, which is Gas Safe. Anyone claiming to be Corgi registered is almost guaranteed to be someone you don't want to let loose with something as dangerous as gas because all of the trade has now moved on.

I've used PNGas from the forum for gas work and been happy with the service, but this is not an official SF recommendation, just me as a home owner. I couldn't tell you what he'd charge for fitting a cooker though- mine was removing a fire.

Thankyou Medusa i wasnt sure what to put. I just know ive bought a gas cooker not got much pennies left and cant use the boomin thing lol.

I should mention it already has one of those bayonet fittings and the hose...

Surely the law doesn't require a gas fitter to do this, it's a 1 minute job, i've always done my own.

Surely the law doesn't require a gas fitter to do this, it's a 1 minute job, i've always done my own.
My bold

Me, too, but apparently the regulations changed a while back and you now have to get somebody properly qualified to do the job.

I would want a gas safe fitter to do it as the second hand cooker might not be safe better to have it checked.

DL Gas ServicesGas Installers

Tel: 0114 221 0013| 19, High Greave Avenue, Sheffield, South Yorkshire S5 9GF

We used this guy 2 weeks ago from the Yellow Pages, cost us £45 and our old cooker was an entirely different fitting to thw new one, lovely bloke too. x

Hi am looking for a gas safe registered person to service my boiler as i have a 5 year guarantee and need to service it every year to keep the guarantee on. Its due on the 26th of November as this is the last service date for it last year i know i left it too late as i totally forgot about it.

Thanks in advance