Sign in to follow this  

Identity Cards

Blunkett has stated that his plan for identity cards will be made apparent within the next couple of months. I myself don't have any problems with having these cards but I don't like the idea of paying the proposed £40 fee for one.

I am expecting that this like most of New Labours policies will not have been thought out properly and will be badly run and end in a total flop. I suppose lessons are there to be learned.

I am interested to know the following:

What will be the penalty for not having a card?

What about the people who can't afford to pay the proposed £40 fee?

What will be the penalty for not carrying your card?

What measure will be taken to prevent card copying?

I like the idea of the card, but they're gonna have a problem getting £40 outta me for it.

I'll carry one, but they'll have to pay for it!

If the government think I am going to pay £40 for the privilege of existing they can lick my balls.

Blunkett's an idiot.

£40 for a piece of plastic that knowing me I'll end up LOSING on a regular basis?! **** that.

Originally posted by upholder

Isn't this going to be a voluntary scheme?

Only if you're white anglo-saxon. :D

what are they gonna achieve by making these cards mandatory? criminals will still make fake cards and carry on doing illegal stuff and it will make identity fraud even easier.

I agree tina, its just something else for people to forge at the end of that day. In fact the ones I saw on the news today looked a great deal like Sky viewing cards with the lil' chips in them.

Are you in favour of introducing a national ID card?

Personally I wouldn't mind having some things merged, i.e. merge my driver's licence, my National Insurance card, my NHS number and my council tax number in to one card. That wouldn't be too Big Brother like - as all that information is currently on card (albeit different ones) already.

Geoff. I suggest using the search facility before making a new thread. This topic has been discussed here :P