To all responsible dog owners- woman throwing dog poo into garden

They should just leave the poop. At least it would degrade far faster than the poop filled bags!

As far as I remember, one of the motivations for installing poo-bins was that parasites in dog poo could lead fairly directly to blindness if ingested by children (or adults), hence campaigns to keep parks and other grassy areas - where it's harder to see crap, compared to a pavement - clean.

Not really surprised it's only recently you've got people to pick up the dog pooh.

Go back a few years and noddies would regularly walk there dog on school playing fields and leave the deposits there.

One problem of our culture being ignorant is bliss.

That's a pretty disgusting story. But I see loads of poop bags on my route round Graves Park. People clearly can't be bothered to carry the bags to the various bins.

They should just leave the poop. At least it would degrade far faster than the poop filled bags!

... hope no one's having their lunch right now!

If we're on a linear walk and I know that the poo bin is back where we started, or there's no poo bin and I'm going to have to take it home, I often leave the poo bag when I'm on the outwards section of the walk and pick it up on the homewards leg, but it's stupid to pick it up and then stop it degrading properly.

When we're out in the middle of nowhere and Molly wants to go to the loo well away from footpaths and in a place where it's hard to walk or get to the poo to pick it up (like in deep heather or brambles) then I don't see a problem with leaving the poo, along with the sheep droppings, horse poo, cow pats and bird lime to degrade naturally and fertilise the soil. It's very different to allowing her to go on a playing field and then leaving it, isn't it?

On a linear walk I too will often bag the poo and leave it in a prominent place to pick up on my way home. Occasionally, when I return it is gone. Stop stealing my dog poo!

All so quick to condemn ... eh?

How do you know that it wasn't her own garden?

Many is the time that I have left the house, only for the dog to drop her load within ten yards.

I have often bagged and slung the bag into my garden rather than carry it three-quarters of a mile before I meet a bin.

Great to see the faces on passers-by, as well!

you should have knocked on the house door and told the occupier what you saw and let them deal with her.i have a dog myself but i hated it when one of my nieghbours used to let his dog crap on my front garden so i left it untill about 2 am picked it up and rubbed it all over his wheelie bin handle...he had a surprize when hed went to put out his bin the next morning, can still hear him effing and blinding now.

you should have knocked on the house door and told the occupier what you saw and let them deal with her.i have a dog myself but i hated it when one of my nieghbours used to let his dog crap on my front garden so i left it untill about 2 am picked it up and rubbed it all over his wheelie bin handle...he had a surprize when hed went to put out his bin the next morning, can still hear him effing and blinding now.

What a dreadful thing to do!!! :hihi: I'll bet he didn't let his dog poop on your garden again.

One of mine quite often poops just as we get out of the front gate, so I put the poop bag on the wall, next to my steps. I'm waiting for somebody who doesn't know me to tell me not to!!

I hate carrying full poop bags, so I've got a clip on my dog-walking bag so I can dangle them from that.

It may also be possible that the owner of the garden is also the owner of the dog and a neighbour may be just returning what is rightfully theirs. :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Just have to post this.

Yesterday on my way to the corner shop I noticed a woman out with her dog scooping up its poo from the grass verge and into a little disposal bag.

What a responsible dog owner, I thought, keeping the verge clean! How commendable.

However, she then threw the bag over a wall into someone's garden!! I just glared at her, astonished that she could have thought that was ok.

It would have been better to just have left the poo on the grass than use up a plastic bag for someone else to dispose of, surely?

So please, dog owners, if you do scoop up your pet's poo, please either take it home or put it in a bin, throwing it over the nearest wall is not helping the environment at all.

Would it not make more sense to simply send the dog into the garden to poo?

Thats what I do with my dog, just send him onto next doors garden

Why have you posted a thread addressed to responsible dog owners of sheffield?

So please, dog owners, if you do scoop up your pet's poo, please either take it home or put it in a bin, throwing it over the nearest wall is not helping the environment at all.

Rather patronising isn't it? You see an isolated incident and then state the obvious. Why didn't you have a word with the woman instead of coming on here? Just my tuppence worth but some of these threads are simply pointless. End of the day it will be the individual who chooses to pick it up. :thumbsup:

Edited by Event Horizo

Why have you posted a thread addressed to responsible dog owners of sheffield?

I was curious about that as well. I get the impression that if you are a dog ownwer, the concensus of opinion amongst the general public is that you are somehow responsible for the irresponsible actions of other dog owners and their dogs. Why is that?

Oh the poo in bag scenario sounds all too familiar to me.

In my neighbourhood every few yards you'll come across a black poop bag filled with a gift from the dog and subsequently squashed flat by the passing shoppers flocking towards Crystal Peaks.

I thought it couldn't get any worse but the other day whilst we were giving the garden a little tidy up what should we come across but 3 bags of dog poo that someone had kindly donated to us.....well i hope it was dog poo, but who can say.