Car Passengers - is it anti social to expect them to shut up ??????

OK, before you scream "miserable git etc....", I'm not refering to family, or friends of my choosing being in my car. Indeed, people who you know can make your journey a pleasure/more tolerable.

I'm talking about this type............"the one who hasn't got a car, and would you believe it lives not far from you, so its on your way..........." this type of person is often one of those most annoying types :rant::rant:, plus this type of person is never a busty blonde/brunette (these often own their own Audi)

So at Skegness, me met some others and one of the people in the group, came from Sheffield near where I live, and I found this person annoying during the day. When I found out he wasn't a car owner (around midday) I began to find excuses to set off

Anyway as I was getting in the car, the dreaded statment came up......

"Your from Sheffield aren't you?"

"well, kind of" I replied

"So is Rob (the annoying bloke)"

"Oh, well I'm going to Nottingham first as I got a job to do there, before going to Sheffield" I replied

"Rob, are you OK, if ....... makes a detour?"

Rob replies "no...... fine with me"

Anyway, Mr Annying got into my car, what is it with these people? why do they never own cars? why do they never shut up for 3 hours? why do they never get the hint you don't want to talk?

Anyway on the jouney, I had to pretend I'd recieved a text claiming the job in Nottingham was cancelled. Is it anti social to want peace and quiet in your car? like I said earlier if its friends and family, I like a chat, but I hate having someone forced on me

I think you would just have to be blunt and say you prefer to concentrate on your driving, not make conversation.

why not just say no in the first place?

much simpler

"Sorry pal, no room. I've promised to pick a few mates up in Ingoldmels on my way home."

Might have made his presence more acceptable if he'd offered a tenner towards the fuel cost.

"Sorry pal, no room. I've promised to pick a few mates up in Ingoldmels on my way home."

thats what I`d have doen.

thats what I`d have doen.

Tough.

I'd have already picked them up by the time you got there so you'd have had room for Mr Gobby.:hihi:

Tough.

I'd have already picked them up by the time you got there so you'd have had room for Mr Gobby.:hihi:

ahhhhh but I am missus gobby and would`ve told him to sharrap!:hihi:

or run away really quickly before he could get in the car!