Bad crash M1 Junction 30 27/6/09

be care full if comeing off junction 30 m1 there is a realy bad smash on motorway and they are diverting traffic off the motor way there over top and back on to the motorway going north bound

Ahh that's why it said delays after J29!

I came off at J29 anyways.

Now appears to be clearing up and Camera 25 has now come online, so the accident must have been cleared now, to allow the public to see the images?

extremely bad. we live next to motorway. air ambulance actually on motorway, police helicopter at one stage landed on slip road. traffic backed up. was a people carrier. barriers smashed, car all smashed up.

thats bad if they had helicopter out hope there ok

I was stuck in this and was horrified at the number of people getting out of their cars and running down the motorway to have a look at what was going on, there were police cars & paramedics flying about everywhere what if they had been knocked over!! Just really hope no one lost their life.

Loads of inconsiderate *edit*Drivers using the hard shoulder to get off the motorway, I used the good old access road at woodall services...

I was stuck in the traffic today and like other people I saw lots of drivers getting out of their cars to have a look and driving along the hard shoulder.

I also saw lots of cars who had driven past a junction reversing along the hard shoulder back to the earlier junction.

Well. What a mission this was. We were heading to Nottingham for a gig that started at 9, so thought leaving Sheffield at 5 would give us plenty of time to eat and have a drink prior.

Having sat in the Queue to J30 for just under 2 hours until 7pm, eventually getting free was a huge relief.

When driving away from 30, my gut told me to come off at 29 and find another route. This feeling was seconded by a gantry sign which flashed up just as I drove under it saying J29-28 Closed. We presumed this was an error as the next gantry was blank.

I found myself umming and arghing about whether to stay on or not. I made a last minute decision to stay on the motorway and what a mistake that was. A mile after the exit to 29 we hit gridlock. Where we were stuck, stood still, engines off, getting out of your car to stretch stuck, for another 90 minutes.

2 separate closures, within 3 junctions of each other. Crazy.

We got to the gig at 21:45 and saw the last 20 minutes...

The people getting out to have a look should be ashamed of themselves, how would they feel if it was one of their relatives involved and everyone stood around trying to work out if they were alive or dead. Disgusting! :mad:

it was horrendous how many people were out of their cars and looking over the motorway bridges. we live next to the motorway about 200 yards from where the accident was. at the top of our drive is a motorway bridge with a layby and people were parking up there, getting out of their cars and cross over the road to see what was going on.

Now admittedly we went up to have a look, but because we did not know why their were 3 helicopters practically on our roof! we could not sit outside and hear ourselves talk the noise so bad. so we did go to see what was going on. soon as we saw we came back down the drive, we didnt stay to watch. and in light of the reason of the helicopters we obviously more patient with the noise.

so many people up on the bridges, we knew there was an accident but only found out what actually happened when a friend informed us of what occurred.