80s Sheffield pubs/clubs

The Saddle on West Street wot a dive but a brilliant night out live bands in pokey back room bogs stinking of poppers Bliss !!

Found it, it was called the venue, I can sleep tonight now I know lol!

in the 80s it was called the claymore

in the 80s it was called the claymore

Yes, the one near Woodcock travel? It was a Scottish & Newcastle Breweries pub.

it was the last pub in sheffield to sell newcastle brown on draught so im told

I used to work at the golden ball, until about 1986

when I used to go drinking uptown used to go to.

stone house

I left the Stone House in '86 after two years working in the courtyard

Was it just my group of mates that refered to the Golden Ball, as the Shiney Bollock

Anybody remember what good pubs and clubs Sheffield had in the 80s Leadmill, Josephines, Roxy, Crazy Daisy etc love to hear any stories or facts about these or any other famous clubs etc from the 80s when "Beer was cheap and life was fun" lol!!!!!!!:hihi::hihi:

omg them were the days £15 would see u through fri sat sun an food at end of each night.. can anyone remember goin to bar rio b4 then goin into roxys in bar rio the bar staff used to get up on bar an dance and the fights iv seen in there were unbelievable.. didnt like Josephines it was full of champagne charlies.

Worked in Romeos back in the old days behind the bar for 5 years. Can anyone remember aiden and pat the doorman or even better scarey Mark who used to sit on the reception desk at the bottom of the stairs? By the way it was haunted trust me I've been in there when it was closed and things have been thrown through the air.

WHAT ABOUT THE MARPLES:loopy: GREAT DISCO THURSDAY NIGHT:roll:

old blue bell, stonehouse on the high st, Pig n Whistle, turn ups, the garden (nr markets) Marples, Silks & Romeo n Juliets, The compleate Angler, Gossips, Isobella's, Josiphines, Henrys, Wapentake,Rebels, Max's downtown disco.

cant think of any more off hand but drank in most of them at one time or another in the 80's.

When people used to dress up to go out? unlike today!

Cairo Jax was our saturday night haunt in the 80`s .

we used to go in the bar next door before going into Cairo`s -what was that called -cant remember now ?

the bar next to cairos were called silks.....hey had many a good time in both o them places. anyone remember legends and crazy daisy !!!!