4 Parks Midweek Walk Thursday 2nd July

This will be a bit of a guided tour by myself and Zippydedoodah around four parks and gardens in the Crookesmoor and Broomhall areas of Sheffield.

The four parks and gardens are Weston Park, Ponderosa, Crookes Valley Park and the fascinating Lynwood Gardens.

Lynwood Gardens are recently "discovered" 19th century gardens which are hidden just off Clarkhouse Road, and apparently can take a little bit of finding. As neither Zippy or myself have ever been to the gardens before it could end up as a bit of a mystery tour, so be warned! Seriously, I know exactly where they're supposed to be, so there shouldn't be a problem ;).

Hopefully, with the help of some fact sheets, there will be lots of historical information available on all four places, and it will be an interesting evening for all.

Meeting point will be the entrance way to Weston Park at 6.15, and following the walk we will make our way to the West End pub on Glossop Road for a drink or two. Hopefully we'll have a good turnout for this one, in a surprisingly green part of the Sheffield which is on the edge of the city centre.

Edited by scoobz
additional info

Sounds great. Like the mystery element. See you there with bells on.

Count us in! May have a straggler as well.

I will be at this i think if I get my packing done, which wont take a lot. I also need to settle a debt as well. xx

Edited by Hippiechick3

I may not make it now as my mum is making me go on a family meal. Still I'm trying to get out of it. Its curry vs walking. In this weather I know which wins. But I will be a last minute attender if I can make it now.

Where are all the people who wanted midweek walks? At the moment it looks just like the Famous Five, although I've no doubts Agent O will make it six at least.

Don't think Mr hemlock will make this one - day trip to Cleethorpes with work - won't be back in time :(

Don't think Mr hemlock will make this one - day trip to Cleethorpes with work - won't be back in time :(

At last we'll be fee from other halves for once, got any mucky suggestions before it's too late?

At last we'll be fee from other halves for once, got any mucky suggestions before it's too late?

:suspect::suspect::suspect:

Where are all the people who wanted midweek walks? At the moment it looks just like the Famous Five, although I've no doubts Agent O will make it six at least.

If he doe's make it, then we only need one more to make the Secret Seven!!

Mmmmm, well..... we could play 'swing your balls' but you'll have to provide the tights!! Hehe:hihi: