Thornbury Hospital buses.

Hi Everyone

Im hoping for a little help, my Grandad goes into Thornbury Hospital next week for an Op.

Ive found out that the 120 bus serves the hospital from their website but I was wondering if anyone knows, how close to the hospital does it stop is it a case of being right outside or a little further away, I didnt know this hospital actually existed until today so Ill be a little blind when it comes to getting there.

Thanks.

Hi there, its about 30 seconds walk from the bus stop. If coming from town direction the bus stop is just before Thornbury Hospital.

Edited by ChilliPepper

Thanks thats fantastic, so if I asked the driver for the stop for the hospital he wouldnt have any trouble with it :)

Yes just ask the driver for the closest stop to the hospital. If you are thirsty after there is a couple of nice pubs a couple of mins (walking) up the road.

Thanks very much for that I really appreciate it :) I think Ill take my nan for a spot of lunch while were waiting for Grandad :)

no 40 goes there and its 3 to 4 stops on that road and it stops across from the hospital drive been going myself for the last few weeks.

Thanks thats fantastic, so if I asked the driver for the stop for the hospital he wouldnt have any trouble with it :)

Well, it depends how grumpy the driver is. :hihi:

If you're coming from town, just sit on the right and look out of the window. As soon as you see the sign for it, press the bell. The stop's really close.

no 40 goes there and its 3 to 4 stops on that road and it stops across from the hospital drive been going myself for the last few weeks.

Yes you can get the 40 too its at the same stop in tow across from the Cathedral.

I went with my daughter the other week in the car so didnt need the bus but I tell you what it is a heck of a hike up the drive so I hope you will be prepared if your Grandfather has problems walking

Thornbury is just before Notre Dame School, just before Fulwood Inn. Are you looking for the bus for yourself for visiting? If for your Grandad I would recommend a taxi as MysticPam said, its a bit of steep hill from the road. Its also relatively easy to miss the entrance.

The bus is for myself, my Grandad will be getting a Taxi there the evening before his operation to settle him in.

Thanks everyone for your help :)