Sheffield's finest hiphop group - noxcuse - open&read!!

Wow. Quite a little debate we have here! I just want to add - Its very easy to shoot down somebodys attempt at creating music. Very very easy indeed. But creating and producing music, been part of the act and getting yourself out there is very difficult.

Chart music has mostly been dominated by the cowell like folk, who make lots of money on the back of artists who often times, didn't have to try. Good looking, good voice, plastic fame.

I don't like hip-hop. I don't like songs about guns and chains. But I do like the fact that these guys have grafted really hard to get to where they are, and if they do make it, it'l be for all the right reasons. So well done guys. More of this and less of x-factor can only be a good thing.

And for everyone who seems to have a problem with EcKo_NoXBoY's music/introduction? - We all surely realise that within this scene its commonplace to be at least slightly egotistical. I've never heard of a humble rapper! But what he has actually done is create a large debate about the band, music and ethics. Therefore, he's not done too bad a job really! I'd of never heard of them if it wasn't for the thread growing with cynical folk moaning everything and anything!

Oh its way to early and i'm sleepy and moaning myself!!! I'm currently listning to Joni Mitchell - Amazing but she'd be a rubbish rapper :) Take Care Folks x

Wow. Quite a little debate we have here! I just want to add - Its very easy to shoot down somebodys attempt at creating music. Very very easy indeed. But creating and producing music, been part of the act and getting yourself out there is very difficult.

Chart music has mostly been dominated by the cowell like folk, who make lots of money on the back of artists who often times, didn't have to try. Good looking, good voice, plastic fame.

I don't like hip-hop. I don't like songs about guns and chains. But I do like the fact that these guys have grafted really hard to get to where they are, and if they do make it, it'l be for all the right reasons. So well done guys. More of this and less of x-factor can only be a good thing.

And for everyone who seems to have a problem with EcKo_NoXBoY's music/introduction? - We all surely realise that within this scene its commonplace to be at least slightly egotistical. I've never heard of a humble rapper! But what he has actually done is create a large debate about the band, music and ethics. Therefore, he's not done too bad a job really! I'd of never heard of them if it wasn't for the thread growing with cynical folk moaning everything and anything!

Oh its way to early and i'm sleepy and moaning myself!!! I'm currently listning to Joni Mitchell - Amazing but she'd be a rubbish rapper :) Take Care Folks x

My bold...

Mr. Equinox, or whatever, can be as egotistical as he likes, it's not against the law.

But I think people have the right to be a little sceptical of the ego of someone nobody's ever heard of...

And he's not particularly handling himself in a credible manner when undergoing critical scrutiny is he? I mean, all that talk about people "s******g" themselves if we met him...Whilst his band allegedly preaches "no excuse" for violence, war, etc etc...! Talk about setting yourself up for a fall. :cool: Particularly when he responds in half illiterate text speak with the maturity of a stroppy 13 year old!

You can't come on here and say that you are the best at something, wave your ego in people's faces, and expect everyone to roll over and agree!

Edited by perplexed

I totally agree, there are a few rather bold statements that are questionable to say the least. However, when you challenge someone in a way that they may not understand, they natural way to react back is with some form of aggression. I'm certainly not saying that equinox has less of a mental capacity than anyone else here, however that pattern has certainly been followed. Maybe try dumbing down a little and getting on 'street' level as such ..........

Yo, if tis true speak and ting, how come yall preach bout no violence and den y'all say we'd be shi**ing it when bro's are meeting innit.

We all just need big hugs really. Next time you see your best friend, give him/her a big hug and kiss and tell them you love them endlessly :) Doesn't matter if your a hip hopper or a hedge chopper, we can all get along :-)

myspace.com/officialnoxcuse. check it out, mr connoisseur. whats every1s problem? these guys are trying real hard to do something with their lives, which is a lot more than can be said for alot of other youths who have grown up in the soroundings they have. give them a break ppl, i bought their mixtape(which is in fact the correct term for the cd they are selling)yesterday in town and think its very good, its extremely diverse, and not at all what you seem to think it is.

I thank you for the weblink and rest assured that I will give the site and any music contained there-in a fair and un-bias review shortly.

Along with the replies of perplexed and lostmypick, I concur wholeheartedly that if they can't give as good as they get (which they quite clearly cannot by the fact that their response to satire is ignorance and aggression), they're gonna be eaten alive by the real music industry.

If they'd come on here, making all the noise and row that they have done, then proceeded to turned it round from noise making adolecences to mature and reasonable, then they would have got a cult following by now. I've kinda been hoping that this would be the case all along and we would all be in on a post-ironic launch of something really fresh and new here. Unfortunatley it appears re-acting in such a way to other peoples comments and opinions coupled with a number of "new forum member" that have appeared on this thead as the only people to have heard of them and recommend their warez, tends to give the impression that they are just noisy chuffs trying to be summat they're not.

In direct response to you "ammas", we've already seen one username registered purely for the reasons of "promoting" this band, so what's to say that you're appearance on this thread is not of a similair persuasion. In fact, lets go one further and say that "julizz" made the mistake of registering and getting straight on this thread making it quite clear the account was registered for the sole intent of joining this thread and promoting the band.

Looking at your contributions to the forum as a whole, your first post is starting a specific thread regarding swine flu at a particular school, then following that up with adding a reply to an existing swine flu thread (after being told by a mod to use the search function) and little over 30 minutes later, yer on this thread claiming this band should be given a record deal.

Hmmm. . ?? Out of 11 posts you've made on here, 4 are bigging up this band, two are the same query about swine flu, two are begging for a cot and two opinion based replies about Toys-r-us and benefit cheats and one pointless reply about a wartime bomb. Bear in mind this is all in the last 18 days.

I'm no Sherlock, but let me ask you. What you think that could indicate?

I thank you for the weblink and rest assured that I will give the site and any music contained there-in a fair and un-bias review shortly.

Along with the replies of perplexed and lostmypick, I concur wholeheartedly that if they can't give as good as they get (which they quite clearly cannot by the fact that their response to satire is ignorance and aggression), they're gonna be eaten alive by the real music industry.

If they'd come on here, making all the noise and row that they have done, then proceeded to turned it round from noise making adolecences to mature and reasonable, then they would have got a cult following by now. I've kinda been hoping that this would be the case all along and we would all be in on a post-ironic launch of something really fresh and new here. Unfortunatley it appears re-acting in such a way to other peoples comments and opinions coupled with a number of "new forum member" that have appeared on this thead as the only people to have heard of them and recommend their warez, tends to give the impression that they are just noisy chuffs trying to be summat they're not.

In direct response to you "ammas", we've already seen one username registered purely for the reasons of "promoting" this band, so what's to say that you're appearance on this thread is not of a similair persuasion. In fact, lets go one further and say that "julizz" made the mistake of registering and getting straight on this thread making it quite clear the account was registered for the sole intent of joining this thread and promoting the band.

Looking at your contributions to the forum as a whole, your first post is starting a specific thread regarding swine flu at a particular school, then following that up with adding a reply to an existing swine flu thread (after being told by a mod to use the search function) and little over 30 minutes later, yer on this thread claiming this band should be given a record deal.

Hmmm. . ?? Out of 11 posts you've made on here, 4 are bigging up this band, two are the same query about swine flu, two are begging for a cot and two opinion based replies about Toys-r-us and benefit cheats and one pointless reply about a wartime bomb. Bear in mind this is all in the last 18 days.

I'm no Sherlock, but let me ask you. What you think that could indicate?

wow, you really do have alot of time on your hands. i ddnt come on soley to big up Noxcuse, but you got me good...........i have worked with 1 of them before which is how i knw of them. i do genuinly find their music thoroughly enjoyable, i have bought a couple of cd's, seen their live performances and do consider myself a 'fan'. you on the other hand seem to really have something against them, im considering the possibilites of why this could be........did you audition for the group and get a no?? i know, did one of em sh*g ur missis??lol. or maybe your just a miserable tw*t that dsnt like to see any1 make something of themselves. oh did you check the myspace? i cnt wait for your views after actually hearing them.

p.s good job on the research of me, shame you didnt do it on the ppl your actually talking about.

wow, you really do have alot of time on your hands. i ddnt come on soley to big up Noxcuse, but you got me good...........i have worked with 1 of them before which is how i knw of them. i do genuinly find their music thoroughly enjoyable, i have bought a couple of cd's, seen their live performances and do consider myself a 'fan'. you on the other hand seem to really have something against them, im considering the possibilites of why this could be........did you audition for the group and get a no?? i know, did one of em sh*g ur missis??lol. or maybe your just a miserable tw*t that dsnt like to see any1 make something of themselves. oh did you check the myspace? i cnt wait for your views after actually hearing them.

p.s good job on the research of me, shame you didnt do it on the ppl your actually talking about.

I think you're missing the point old bean. Hip Hop does nothing much for me. Lots of youths shouting into mikes for the most part. (Not all, I'll freely admit.)

People are taking the rise out of the attitude, in case you haven't spotted that, and employing irony to show it. Giving it "large" like you're a stadium filling band, when you're just some bloke from Meersbrook, or wherever, that nobody's heard of. You just end up looking a bit of a wally.

And I'll say again, much growing up needs to be done by Mr. Equinox. He certainly needs to develop coping strategies when confronted by criticism.

Just supposing he manages to sell more than 2 records (I assume you and "Julizz" already have it) then he might get to be judged by the heavyweight music critics. What happens when one of them says his music is bobbar? Toys chucked out of the pram again?

Do you remember the "Reynolds Girls"? :suspect:

I wouldn't have though so, they were one hit wonders from the mid 1980s. The point is (admittedly tongue in cheek) the lyrics went something along the lines of "Rolling Stones......(summat or other)...I'd rather jack: than Fleetwood Mac...."

Well where are the Reynold's Girls now, and who is performing in Sheffield later this year after 40 plus years? I'll let you guess...

In other words, Mr. Equinox has to walk the walk, not just shout into a mike, then come on here to tell everyone how brilliant he is. We'll decide how good he is in 10 to 20 years time, thank you very much.

I made an actual criticism of their music earlier.

they rap in London accents

And sing in American ones

Sound just like every other Uk hip hop act that rip off the ones from the states.

Completely unoriginal, and the lyrics certainly didn't grab me.

I made an actual criticism of their music earlier.

they rap in London accents

And sing in American ones

Sound just like every other Uk hip hop act that rip off the ones from the states.

Completely unoriginal, and the lyrics certainly didn't grab me.

Exactly - if Mr Nox Cuse and his homies want to stand out from the crowd they need to write and rap about their own locality rather than pretending to be American gangstas waving their guns and mixtapes about in the 'hood.

How about taking inspiration from local issues and rapping about the closure of local pubs, the lack of progress of urban regeneration projects in the city centre and the implications for traffic flow of changes to the ring road route?

Exactly - if Mr Nox Cuse and his homies want to stand out from the crowd they need to write and rap about their own locality rather than pretending to be American gangstas waving their guns and mixtapes about in the 'hood.

How about taking inspiration from local issues and rapping about the closure of local pubs, the lack of progress of urban regeneration projects in the city centre and the implications for traffic flow of changes to the ring road route?

Aye, if they could bung summat in their lyrics which brought about a change in the Woodseats bottle neck, I'd appreciate it. I'm sure they could work something into their "waviest mixed gramaphone record about that..." :)

Maybe Mr. Equinox and Julizz could let us know how it's goin'...;)

I hold and bear no grudge and prior comments made on this thread are based purley on observations.

You ask "How much time do I have?

Hmmm, now that's a question for an entirely new philosphical debate thread. How much time do we all have? What really is time and how have we come to be defined by what we do with it?

If your asking me, how long did I spend discovering my observations and documenting them in the previous reply to you, then I'll happily fill you in.

As there is a link to "find more posts by ammas" when you click on your name, that took all of about 1.2 seconds to press and a futher 2.5 for the site to respond. Took about 20 seconds to scan read your forum contributions to date and a further 5 seconds to click on your profile to see when you registered.

So in total, about thirty seconds to observe and then spent about another 4 minutes typing it up, meaning the whole reply took less than 5 minutes to create.

To appease both Baz and Perp, here's summat I knocked together in 3 minutes.

Pubs are closing down, several in succession.

Drinkin in the town means punch ups n' aggression.

Homebrew is the future, it's better by far.

If you undestand satire then yer welcome at my bar.

Chesterfield road is a god damn disgrace,

whoever planned that, needs a slap in da face.

More space for parking, bus gates dat are new.

The only acheivement is a longer frikkin' queue.

I think many facts have been discovered here that are beyond doubt. We should take this information and use it wisely.

1 - If your going to start a rap group, remember to take into account within the lyrics, local issues. These include the difficulties which local pubs face in the current economic climate and the pedestrianisation of city areas and how that impacts on the traffic flow.

2 - Between a few of the user on this thread, the best, most incredibly cynical local music review magazine could be created. I'd certainly have you you folks as writers.

well this is my point, they dnt rap about guns an gangtas, and they are well known for theyr yorkshire accents you fool(have you even heard them?) anyway this is getting boring, you lot didnt knw about em b4 but you do now, so theyv done the job well id say. you lot are boring me so im giving up on this. liked the lil rap though munky, id copywrite it if i were you, they might steal it. goodbye for now.