Help needed for Credit Report!

Hi Guys,

I'm after some help!

I've recently seen my experian credit report and I have a 'satisified default' on there from 2 years ago which is killing my credit rating!

The amount was paid in full and i have no other debts at all!

I tried applying for a small loan last week and it was denied :(

I'm wondering if there's anything i can do to improve my credit report? Or am i going to be refused credit for years to come! :S

Help!

Thanks

Hayley :)

I think it'll stay on there for six years I'm afraid. :|

phone and speak to one of there advisers because you might but each time you apply for a loan it will go on ur credit report the more you apply for and the more you get turned down will affect your credibility but also because you have had only that on credit maybe thats why no one will give you alone they like you to have more credit history

Lol, thanks guys, i hope it doesnt stay on there for 6 years :( it was just a phone bill which i had a couple of years ago and its ruining my rating!! I was paid in full and everything, just a little later than i wouldve liked to :( x

Best thing to do would probably be apply for a credit card, use it and pay it off every month. This will boost your credit rating. Also, if you have a mobile phone on contract, this should help aswell. Presuming that you are able to get some kind of credit. If it's only 1 default and you have had no other credit, some companies will take a risk on this.

Thanks Naylor, I really appreciate the advice. It just seems a shame that one silly phone bill that was paid in full ages ago is jepordising my chance of getting anymore credit :(

If anyone else has any more more advice, i'd love to hear it :)

Thanks

x

i had the same problem.are you registered on the electoral role?that helps alot.also get a credit card spend £100 PAY IT OFF THE VERY NEXT DAY then cut it up,it shows you can be trusted with credit

To ease phone bills talk through Skype with your PC for nowt.

I had a bad credit rating due to debts in the past, including defaults and a CCJ. I got a Vanquis credit card and paid it off every month, after a few months your rating will improve and you will get credit increases and be able to get credit from other sources, good luck!

Have a look on moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score

The bottom of the page explains there are a number of specific things you can do as good practice to improve both your credit score and lenders' attitudes towards you.

Hope this helps

Put yourself on the electoral roll, that can help your credit score. Also, look at where you live. Have you lived there lopng do you rent or own it? If the previous tenant/resident had bad debts, then that can affect you as the property could be blacklisted.