New "authentic" Italian takeaway on South Road

We've recently discovered them after having a menu through the door. Think I'm addicted to their Cannelloni al forno - lovely stuff. Their pizzas are really good as well, and we've also tried the squid starter which was just as lovely. I hope they stay successful as they're by far the best take away in Sheffield! The food usually arrives in good time and hot enough not to reheat - we're in S11.

I'm addicted to this place, the lasagne's are amazing! I usually find myself spending as much as I can so I get a free bottle of italian wine.

The food is lovely and freshly cooked. However, they're a bit heavy-handed with the salt. so if you don't like a lot of salt in your food, it's worth mentioning it when you ring.

On a visit to Sheffield a few weeks ago, I tried this place. The food was delicious, and the free wine much appreciated :)

I ordered food from here o sunday. I live in whirlow, which is quite far away, over five miles in fact, however this was no problem for the staff. the food arrived within the hour piping hot. the food was great and restaurant quality. I will definalty be ordering from here again as the food was superb. keep up the good work.

I love Vitos too, but they don't do takeaway pizza, so hopefully there's room in the market for both!

Er... yes he does actually. Doesn't openly advertise the fact, but he'll rustle them up hot in a proper box - and in my book they're the pick of the bunch

i so agree, bit suspect. in my opinion the tomatoe sauce in the dishes were awful, watered down with no flavour. Maybe I went on a bad day close to opening time, but not a good enough excuse. i m ite give the another chnace..i dunno

Is this place still as lovely a year on from this thread starting? Only one review on here from march this year, mainly all from 2009.

So instead of starting a new thread I thought i would ask on here.....so have the maintained their quality a year on?

I love the fact that this thread is still going! Actually I forgot all about this place until I came across this thread the other night and thought I'd give them a call.

I ordered my fav - Italian Sausage for starters, followed by Spag Carb for main and then a cheeky portion of tiramisu for dessert. :love:

I must say I was not dissapointed with the quality of food or portion size. If anything, they have more than improved over the last year.

Happy days and a happy Italian Express customer!! Yum! Yum!!

Still as good. Had a starter and main recently and it was spot on. I had chicken with a nice simple tomato/peppers/garlic sauce and it was a very good portion size and tasty with it.