The phenomenon that is "knit club"

What a fantastic idea !

Can you imagine anything more exciting or interesting than to be sat knitting with a group of other Sheffield folk ?

It certainly beats watching afternoon telly or decorating the bathroom and it could well be the new craze that sweeps the great British Public along.

The only danger is that people will get over-excited and stab each other with the needles or strangle each other with skeins of wool.

Less mindless plugging, more offering you an oppurtunity to knit for free with people who enjoy it!

Guest poppins
Originally posted by JoePritchard

Being a kind Mod. I fixed it!

Joe

Didn't see this, Thanks Joe.

Poppins

the idea is knitting in night clubs!

not just knitting

Guest poppins

Well , think my Knitting for cancer slipped through the stitches

did it ?

knitting for cancer in night clubs could work?

or in fact knitting in night clubs and probably getting paid large amounts of money by clubbers too drunk/wrecked to realise that none of us could knit

sounds like a great little money maker

Originally posted by SimonS

The first rule of knit club should be - Nobody talks about knit club.

I WAS GONNA SAY THAT! GRRRRRRR

I've found that enbroidery is also on the up, on buses.

Scary shiznit !

But after all, why not, I've seen worst hobbies that knitting, or enbroidering (I swear I'm misspelling that).

I say any manual work (no pun intended) is the way forward, better than TV, or whatever.

Just to let anyone interested know - Sheffield Knitterati have been around for about six months now and have regular kipping (knitting in public) events. There is a regular meet on the last Friday of each month, 12 til 4pm in The HUBS (what was NCPM) on Paternoster Row. There is no charge.

We are also about to start a regular evening slot most probably first Tuesday or Wednesday of the month and most probably in The Showroom 6 til 8 and later depending on how dedicated you are.

On top of this we like to go along to local festivals and events for Knit-Pics, we ran the knitting area at Devonshire Jam some of you mentioned previously. No charge knitting at a no charge festival - can't really see the cheap plug there but hey! We also go to occasional gigs including Sheffield Stylophone Orchestra.

If you'd like to join us pm me and I'll give you the yahoo groups link alternatively of course you could just do a search.

oh ps. I love crochet too! crochetters and anybody else who does or is interested in pretty much anything involving needle & thread / textiles are very welcome too.