Aughton mental care home to house rapists and paedophiles?

It's a mighty assumption to think that any person displaying 'odd' behaviour has 'escaped' from some sort of institution. Why should people not be allowed out and about? Not everyone who requires mental health care is a danger, why shouldn't they be allowed to wander?

People offering candy to primary children and asking them to come home with him are normal? [in the basegreen Area] People with dog crap stains on their jeans and who pick up dog crap and eat it are normal? [in the Swallownest Area]?

What are you saying about people in these areas?:hihi::loopy:

Be careful people that live in these areas might be on here :hihi:

Don't forget the pathetic penalties for accusing someone of rape untruthfully - might make convictions easier if there were actual penalties for making it up!

Lets face it we need to bring back hanging, Rapist and Pedophiles shouldn't be alive

People offering candy to primary children and asking them to come home with him are normal? [in the basegreen Area] People with dog crap stains on their jeans and who pick up dog crap and eat it are normal? [in the Swallownest Area]?

What are you saying about people in these areas?:hihi::loopy:

Be careful people that live in these areas might be on here :hihi:

I didn't say such behaviour was 'normal', I said that the people displaying such behaviour haven't neccessarily come from some sort of institution.

It's a mighty assumption to think that any person displaying 'odd' behaviour has 'escaped' from some sort of institution. Why should people not be allowed out and about? Not everyone who requires mental health care is a danger, why shouldn't they be allowed to wander?

Do you have kids? If so arent you concerned for them when they go out alone? I know I am for mine..and theyre all grown up...And I agree not everyone displaying odd behaviour has escaped from somewhere...but how do you tell the difference between the ones what are just behaving oddly and the ones with criminal backgrounds...ie..peadophiles..rapists etc?? And again I agree not everyone with mental illness is a danger...my mom has alzheimers and is assessed as having mental health problems..but I think its a very fine line here...I know I wouldnt want to live near to one of these places..and yes I know theyre already out on the streets...but thats just my take on it....

Yeah one across from Aston school, There is a guy that picks up dog pooh near there and eats it not sure if hes from the mental home or just homeless thats pretty sick aswell.They call him dog s**t dennis, Its worse that the school gates are always open, Theres one on white lane shes pretty harmless she stands at the tram stop and tells you how shes waiting for her boyfriend to get off the tram and meet her but after seeing tram after tram go by he never comes, Someone said her boyfriend died and she always waits for him at white lane tram stop.Its a pretty sad story really but if these harmless people can escape from mental health homes around Sheffield imagine how the horrible ones could escape.

Thought it was that one...I also thought they were alchoholics what were housed in there? Hubby works up that way and often they see the folk goin into the local shop to buy booze!! theres also a guy whose trousers are always hanging off him and he doesnt wear underwear...If this was my relative I would be extremely concerned...they also wander about without shoes on...must admit when I go to collect hubby from work and theyre hanging around from this swallownest court..I do get a bit nervy...especially in the darker nights...I'm not saying theyre going to attack anyone or anything like that...I just feel uncomfortable near them...but thats me..

Lets face it we need to bring back hanging, Rapist and Pedophiles shouldn't be alive

Totally agree.

We have to put the paedos and rapists somewhere and lets be honest they don't often go to jail.

I have lived in Aughton since before this unit was built in the 90's, an action group was formed to opose the building of this unit, the local council rep the now High and Mighty Gerald Smith in regular attendance at these meetings. All oposition against the building of the unit was a waste of time and effort, no consideration to the concerns of the local residents was listened to. Within weeks of this unit opening, the inmates were regularly walking the corridors of Aston Comp, visiting the local shop and exposing themselves to the ladies who worked there, walking up and down the area drinking booze etc. I have read the posts regarding the placement of paedos and rapists in this unit and wonder would the people who think its okay, be in the same frame of mind if it was built near them, i think not. Oposing it will be a waste of time as there is new building work in progress at the rear of the complex. The local council have a total disregard to any objections put forward by anyone. Too many schools in the area for them to house paedos and rapists there, these units should be built miles from anywhere well away from any residential area.

Edited by brus

Any updates on whats happening at this place?

Nope sorry dont get the new of what happens in Aughton anymore, I split up with my girlfriend who lives there so I dont go up to Aughton

Where abouts on Aughton Road is this home for the mentally ill? I know of one cross the road from Aston Comp..is that the one yr on about?? If so..I wouldnt class that as secure..even if they build a higher wall..what I've seen of the folk who live in there they walk about freely and on their own..up to the little shop just up the road...or is there another home somewhere along this road?

I'm guessing this is Swallownest mental home? Down by that gym in Aughton, I only live up the road and know the resident of that home can walk freely out and about as I see them quite regularly, Theres a few that stick out like a sore thumb,

I know they probably aren't any danger to society but surely having peado's and rapists in that same home is a bit stupid?

I would of also thought that they would of had to have some kind of permission from the local residences of that road at least and I would of thought even the government would of realised it would of caused a huge riot to put peado's right next to a school.