Aughton mental care home to house rapists and paedophiles?

Yes The caring home for mental illness on Aughton road plans to take in rapists and convicted pedophiles if the local jails get to full, They have already accepted these plans, and plan to build a higher wall to hold them.I mean come on theres a school just across the road and an infants school just down the road.How could they let this go ahead? what are your thoughts?

How accurate and how do you know this information.

Yes The caring home for mental illness on Aughton road plans to take in rapists and convicted pedophiles if the local jails get to full, They have already accepted these plans, and plan to build a higher wall to hold them.I mean come on theres a school just across the road and an infants school just down the road.How could they let this go ahead? what are your thoughts?

At least if the paedophiles escape they will know where to find them.

Would you prefer they roamed the streets?

The exact same rumour is being banded around the kiveton and harthill areas too. Only this one claims that the home will be on the former site if todwick nursing home on kiveton lane. I would imagine it is simply that, a rumour. Dont worry about it untill you hear about it in an official capacity. I suppose you could also check with your local parish council, maybe they may have some info for you.

Reason for edit: missed the r out of harthill!

At least if the paedophiles escape they will know where to find them.

Would you prefer they roamed the streets?

Funny...not.

If they can escape, they will be roaming the bloody streets anyway, so wheres the preference in it?

We have to put the paedos and rapists somewhere and lets be honest they don't often go to jail.

How accurate and how do you know this information.

Someone who works there lives next door to my girlfriend and told her about it, There is a pettition already to stop it happening but doubt it would change anything.

We have to put the paedos and rapists somewhere and lets be honest they don't often go to jail.

But there are 7 schools in the area and its only minutes away from the aston lake where someone was recently beheaded, do you want this to happen again? why put them across from helpless civillians.Would you like to have your children living near a rapist, or a pedophile.they are saying that these people don't deserve to be in jail because its a mental health problem they have.

But there are 7 schools in the area and its only minutes away from the aston lake where someone was recently beheaded, do you want this to happen again? why put them across from helpless civillians.Would you like to have your children living near a rapist, or a pedophile.they are saying that these people don't deserve to be in jail because its a mental health problem they have.

If people commit serious offences and the judge has evidence that a serious mental health problem may have contributed to their offending, they can order them to be detained in a secure hospital rather than go to prison. But those hospitals are secure, and rather than get a sentence (which will run out) they are detained under the Mental Health Act, and stay there until the Minister of Justice says otherwise, which could be never.

It sounds like you could do with getting more reliable information from someone official. Use the Freedom of Information Act if you think you need to http://www.justice.gov.uk/guidance/foi-procedural-what.htm

if anyone thinks secure Mental health units are somehow easier to get out than prison, just go and look at the outside of one e.g. Newton Lodge ...

then go and look at a cat B or Cat C prison, the security is practically indistinguishable ...

the irony is a ordinary 'bail hostel' probably poses more risk of disturbance to the community than forensic mental health units ...

if anyone thinks secure Mental health units are somehow easier to get out than prison, just go and look at the outside of one e.g. Newton Lodge ...

then go and look at a cat B or Cat C prison, the security is practically indistinguishable ...

the irony is a ordinary 'bail hostel' probably poses more risk of disturbance to the community than forensic mental health units ...

Absolutely correct. Plus, people detained under Section 37/41 of the Mental Health Act may never be released, and if they are they can be recalled to secure hospital straight away if they do anything they shouldn't.

I wouldn't want them near me no, I would rather them be locked up or cured (however I don't think you can 'cure' a sexuality, you may however be able to force a homo/pedo into having adult heterosex and vice versa but the persons desires will always be there).

I think they should lock up rapists and paedophiles to be perfectly honest. It might even be for their own safety. In all fairness I'd say the rapist/paedos are the ones more likely to end up being killed, than to kill.