Best form of travel from Sheffield to Alton Towers

I'm planning a day trip for 2 adults and 3 kids on Friday 26th June. What's the best way to get there ? Car not being an option.

Thanks

Coach, the generally do good packages to Alton Towers

I'm planning a day trip for 2 adults and 3 kids on Friday 26th June. What's the best way to get there ? Car not being an option.

Thanks

If anyone knows of a coach service from Sheffield to Alton Towers, I would also like to know.I have tried a quick Google with no successful result.

Coach or rent a car?

Thank you for your very informative reply.I feel that that has answered my question and solved the problem.

a tandem bike with string tied to a couple of skateboards :thumbsup:

Failing that why not put an advert on here to see if a minibus can take you, they did for the Blades @ Wembley play off final

Coach companies used to do trips to Alton Towers and other theme parks, but they don't seem to do them as much these days. Other than getting a coach/train to staffs then getting a bus/taxi, car does seem to be the easiest option. You say that it's not an option for you - is that because the adults going can't drive or because you don't have a car? If you can drive, perhaps hiring a car for the day would be a solution..?

http://www.altontowers.com/plan-your-visit/how-to-find-us/

This site gives details of public transport to Alton Towers.

I don't think it is very easy from Sheffield to be honest, you could ring around the coach companies and see if any are running a trip out there.

By the way, did you know that there is an offer on in June, if you pay full price you can use your tickets again to get in free in September.

Thanks

I have the same request as the OP. Has anyone got a solution?

The rail companies used to do return tickets to (some station, I think it was Stoke) that included an onward bus to and from the park. I don't know if they still do so.

thing is does anyone on this trip drive ? if you do.... i would try a people carrier hire its cheaper than a mini bus for a 7 seater . i asked at the interchange and they said no coaches to the towers anymore for just the journey, the trains a nightmare because of the bus travel after the train . plus i think the parks only 10am - 5pm for rides on that date still. like someone above said ask on here but re- title the thread asking for transport help . hope it works out ok .