Messages to leave on Fathers' Day for those who have lost their dads

Lost my dad 12 years ago (our old fella), the Sunday before Fathers Day we went to see him in the nursing home (me & bro), he had no idea who we were.

We went on Fathers Day itself he was totally transformed remembered both me & our Nidge it was a great visit, 3 days later he died. It was like he was given back to us for a short time RIP dad xx

Pete

I lost my dad when I was 7 and even though you get used to them not being there, it's difficult to describe the infinite times and occasions, and not just the big ones like graduations and weddings, when you miss them.

Wish you could have been there Dad!

Gone but not forgotten dad, thanks for everything, thanks for the musical and computer influence dad

happy fathers day wherever you are

My dad died in January. Have found the run up to Father's Day really quite hard, harder than I thought.

Miss you loads dad.

I lost my 'pops' 14 years ago, i miss being able to phone him for a chat. Wish I could have a couple of hours in his company again, just to give him a hug, tell him I love him and miss him. We always think our parents are immortal and they will never leave us and its quite a shock when they're gone forever. If you're lucky enough to still have them with you, tell them before its too late. xx

To all those reading this post,make sure that you go places,do things for and with your dad while he's still here,I didn't and its my biggest regret.My dad was a lovely bloke and I loved him.

I didn't know it was Fathers' Day today.

I was reminded by my Mum today when I went around for Sunday dinner.

I don't watch TV much and never adverts when I do, so I couldn't have known.

Dad you were simply the best, very brave and decent. Love you with all my heart and miss you every day x

My birth Father died when I was 6. Had a good stepdad, but you still remember your "old man".

Angel1.

My step-dad died last week...it's been strange because we had a difficult relationship and I'm desperately trying to remember the good times rather than the bad. Either way we'll never have a chance to rebuild our relationship and that hurts a lot. :(

I didn't know it was Fathers' Day today.

I was reminded by my Mum today when I went around for Sunday dinner.

I don't watch TV much and never adverts when I do, so I couldn't have known.