Sheffield Pride photos please!

The thread OP asked if anyone had any photos to share, not if others approve of the day or believe that anyone who isn't heterosexual makes their actions intrinsically wrong.

Keep to the subject of the title or expect your posts removed and your account suspended- simple choice :)

Not being funny here, but why are certain opinions on this thread not allowed?

Surely its simply people expresing an opinion.

THis is precisely why such events as Gay pride are still needed to "educate" people !

THis is precisely why such events as Gay pride are still needed to "educate" people !

How will you educate people on what being gay is?

Surely its a man and man, having a bit of romance, or even women. Is that nor what being gay is?

How will not allowing people their opinions educate them, or get them onto your side?

You're right kitty thats exactly why sheffield pride is so important!!

Come on people are there any photos available

I took about 1500 shots on the day. The vast majority not worth showing, but it does take time to edit them and upload them.

Patience dear people.:)

Yes, really. Despite some people having this bizarre, daft and incorrect notion that it's illegal to photograph people in a public place :loopy:

Check out Martin Parr. He's made a career (and ****loads of money) from photographing people in public places without asking.

What is more masculine, living by the normal day to day routine and pretending to be straght for fear of what might happen or be said.

Or to be unashamed to admit that you are gay and be prepared to face the taunting, ridicule and in some cases violence that admitting to being gay can bring

Annb I was one of the official photographers for the event I am working on getting the images done as fast as humanly possible, they shall be appearing on the Sheffield Pride website and my own in the near future.

thank you...in answer to the question about consent to photos being taken ..my niece ,daughter and Hunny(the dog) were approached and asked permission for there photo to be taken..

Not being funny here, but why are certain opinions on this thread not allowed?

Surely its simply people expresing an opinion.

Because this is a thread simply asking for photos of an event. It's not a discussion on the merits, ethics, rights or wrongs of any aspect of gender and sexuality.

And, more important than any of the above, because I said not to, and I'm an admin of this forum so when I make a request and people ignore it, then they tend to find their account suspended.

thank you...in answer to the question about consent to photos being taken ..my niece ,daughter and Hunny(the dog) were approached and asked permission for there photo to be taken..

To clarify this however, it may be, in certain situations, polite to ask - and also when children are involved, expedient to ask, rather than risk the ire of an angry reaction of a suspicious observer "that weirdo took a photo of a child - get the paedo!"

It doesn't mean it's required or enshrined in law though....and it loses the candid natural aspect and becomes a posed "happy snap". Certainly it makes it safer to use for publishing purposes.

Annb I was one of the official photographers for the event I am working on getting the images done as fast as humanly possible, they shall be appearing on the Sheffield Pride website and my own in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing the official ones ..did you take any at the afterparty aswell?

Yes i also want such a photos.........as i have missed the event as well......

Flickr is your friend

A few that ive got around to uploading

http://www.flickr.com/astanaimages

As already said it will take a few days to sort, process, edit & then upload all the photos.